The Official Kansas City Chiefs Thread (merged)

So the Chiefs sign Da'Rick and it makes you decide to bump every thread on them ever created huh? You need a hobby.

So the Chiefs sign Da'Rick and it makes you decide to bump every thread on them ever created huh? You need a hobby.

No, I saw someone made a new thread for the Chiefs and remembered that it already existed. You're welcome.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand signing Pryor. Even if they're dropping Chase Daniel, they still have (a will be fully healthy) Aaron Murray and Bray. Normally I wouldn't even care, but since we now have 8 Chiefs' threads floating at the top of the forum, curiosity wins over.

I don't understand signing Pryor. Even if they're dropping Chase Daniel, they still have (a will be fully healthy) Aaron Murray and Bray. Normally I wouldn't even care, but since we now have 8 Chiefs' threads floating at the top of the forum, curiosity wins over.

It's a signing immediately following the regular season.

It's likely little more than just depth chart competition.

are there any teams that have less cap room than KC with so many immediate needs going into the offseason? I'm not calling Smith a great quarterback, but Pryor isn't going to come close to unseating him. They now have five quarterbacks. It's weird no matter when the signing is, and is especially weird considering their circumstances.

Last edited:
are there any teams that have less cap room than KC with so many immediate needs going into the offseason? I'm not calling Smith a great quarterback, but Pryor isn't going to come close to unseating him. They now have five quarterbacks. It's weird no matter when the signing is, and is especially weird considering their circumstances.

He likely has a close to league-minimum contract.

Again, though, at this point of the year, they're just looking for possibly finding a quality backup people have over looked at absolute best. These end of the year signings are mainly about having bodies and that's about it.

(The Rams, as well, neither took in Palardy at this point to replace their kicker nor out of a felt need.)

Teams aren't looking for replacements or definite starters to fill-in needs at this point; those signings don't come until the start of the NFL's calendar year (March).

Alex Smith hasn't thrown an interception in his past 283 pass attempts. According to Elias Sports Bureau, that's the third-longest streak in a single season in the past 30 years.

VN Store

Back