The Official Kentucky @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. 5/12 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. 5/13 Noon EST SEC Network) (Sun. 5/14 1PM EST SEC NET+)

I imagined that there might have been some anxiety about Dickey's shoulder today that might have been a distraction. I say "imagined" because I have no way to know and thus no way to think about it. I don't want to trigger speculation about him. I just want to say I know we all wish him the best. And I hope, if he is rested for strategic purposes, the team will pull together and show out a bit for him in Columbia! In addition to the normal focus on the job at hand.

Belmont always plays us tough, but this is a down year for them. Going into this week, it will be interesting to see the D1 chat and predictions. SC has lost their last 6 of 7. Maybe we’re catching ‘em at the right time.

I’m not taking anything for granted, both teams should be ready to throw down.

15 runners LOB is a coaching issue, zero excuse you couldnt score 1 by using bunts to move a runner...

#1. Some of you guys seem to think fortunate sequencing is a "skill"..... it's not.

#2. We just lost 10-0 and you wanted to bunt more? Really?

I'm not necessarily against small-ball in the college game, but I can't imagine you'll see much bunting on days like today.

Did Vitello speak to media after the game? I can't find it. I think he may have had people to meet with.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Did Vitello speak to media after the game? I can't find it. I think he may have had people to meet with.

Couple ways to get there after home games. You could go to utsports.com or YouTube. UT doesn’t like it to be posted here before they ahem…get it up, so, I don’t do it anymore.

Obviously, the beat writers, but they work for pay sites, frowned upon. So …

Go to YouTube

type in…Tony Vitello postgame

Boom. Just don’t post it here before UT gets it online. They don’t dig that.

GBO!!!

Couple ways to get there after home games. You could go to utsports.com or YouTube. UT doesn’t like it to be posted here before they ahem…get it up, so, I don’t do it anymore.

Obviously, the beat writers, but they work for pay sites, frowned upon. So …

Go to YouTube

type in…Tony Vitello postgame

Boom. Just don’t post it here before UT gets it online. They don’t dig that.

GBO!!!
Whoa....is VN affiliated with UT? I did not know the two were connected.

......My biggest concerns are Dickey's health, Ahuna's funk and Beam's struggles of late.

Ahuna is 19/55 since the Vandy series... with a quite a few walks and XBHs mixed in. (he actually has 5 doubles and a homer since last weekend)

I wouldn't exactly call that a "funk".

55 gazinta 19…. .345
That’s pretty good.

Yep.

I don't consider batting average to be a great measure, but it's not like he's slapping the ball around either.

Plenty of extra base hits and walks to go along with it.

Edit: I just counted: 8 of those 19 hits were doubles. One was a homer. If we're gonna call this anything, it'd be a hot streak.

I missed the game on Sunday because I was on the road. I just had a chance to catch up on the scores. Grief! Wth happened? That's more rhetorical than anything.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
#1. Some of you guys seem to think fortunate sequencing is a "skill"..... it's not.

#2. We just lost 10-0 and you wanted to bunt more? Really?

I'm not necessarily against small-ball in the college game, but I can't imagine you'll see much bunting on days like today.

Never fails, in every sport, the default for “that fan” is just blame coaching when things go poorly.

Reactions: FrontRoyalVol

VN Store

Back