The Official Oakland Raiders Thread

Palmer is a good addition, because, let's face it, Campbell is not an all-world QB. Palmer could make it work. Plus he's got KC then a bye week to gel with his team, not bad.

But Giving up an immediate first round pick is crazy... If the 2013 one is conditional on the Raiders winning a playoff game then it won't work out so bad, but still.

Palmer is a good addition, because, let's face it, Campbell is not an all-world QB. Palmer could make it work. Plus he's got KC then a bye week to gel with his team, not bad.

But Giving up an immediate first round pick is crazy... If the 2013 one is conditional on the Raiders winning a playoff game then it won't work out so bad, but still.

They get a 1st this year next year they will at least get a 2nd round pick, it turns into a 1st if the Raiders win a playoff game.

Pretty idiotic trade for Oakland if you ask me, but at least they got their QB. Palmer hasn't looked the same at all lately though.

Was about to drop dhb to waivers but ill keep him around a few more weeks to see how this works out
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Was about to drop dhb to waivers but ill keep him around a few more weeks to see how this works out

Exact same situation for me. Unfortunately, I have to either drop him or start him this week because of byes for Nicks and DJax

Bump. Alone in first place - for now, anyway.

And former Vol D Moore was a major player.

I'm desperate enough at RB in one of my fantasy leagues that I started Michael Bush :dance:

I'm desperate enough at RB in one of my fantasy leagues that I started Michael Bush :dance:

With McFadden out, Bush isn't a desperation move at all. He's a borderline top 10 back getting starter carries. He did very well last year under the same circumstances.

On a more unfortunate note: a man was stabbed outside the chargers-raiders game last night, following the game (per ESPN)

My dad was and is a big Raiders fan so I grew up a Raiders fan and they always will be my favorite NFL franchise. If Palmer starts clicking with the receivers and the defense can just halfway hold their own in most games they have a legitimate shot of winning the AFC West. I know they have been the laughingstock of the NFL for a long time but it's time for people to start fearing the Silver and Black again (or at least not laughing us out of the buildings).

My dad was and is a big Raiders fan so I grew up a Raiders fan and they always will be my favorite NFL franchise. If Palmer starts clicking with the receivers and the defense can just halfway hold their own in most games they have a legitimate shot of winning the AFC West. I know they have been the laughingstock of the NFL for a long time but it's time for people to start fearing the Silver and Black again (or at least not laughing us out of the buildings).

I think Palmer was clicking with his WR's as of last week, but he's still making bad decisions or rather his awareness is pretty bad. Both turnovers yesterday were a product of him not knowing where the pressure was. Palmer is the kind of QB talent they've been missing, but he honestly hasn't been an elite player since like 2006. I'd be glad for him to turn it around now.

Palmer's got the arm to get the job done. But like one of the announcers mentioned last night, this is just his second game and it is like he's still in training camp. If he continues to improve at this rate the Raider O should be very good as the season progresses.

The Defense? Some games good, some games pitiful. They made Tebow look like an NFL QB, that's how bad the were last week. This week, they gave the Chargers all they wanted and more.

I don't know if you grew up in the area that WATE channel 6 covered back in the 60s and 70s, but they aired a lot of Raider games. I became a fan around 1966, mainly due to them being on TV so much.

Back then, channel 10 WBIR was the only other channel available to us. And they didn't have very good reception back then. It was channel 6 or nothing.

So we got to watch the Raiders. And they were entertaining, a lot more so than the past 7 or 8 years.

What can you say? Pitiful play and too many penalties and barely holding on to beat a 2-7 team.

But a win on the road in the NFL is always big.

7-4 with a win over a good Bears team. I know Cutler was out, but the Raiders have a bunch of starters out, also. Next week at Miami. Then Green Bay. The pressure is on.

If they have Cutler, they would have won.

Could come down to Raiders v. Tebow.

At Miami is not cakewalk, suddenly.

Reactions: 1 person
For now. Down the road it can really hurt. But it's been 9 years for them, can't hate on the decision if it works.

The Palmer trade looks good so far. Could get to looking real good next year. And indeed, suddenly Miami looks like a possible loss. And Green Bay has looked like a loss all season. Got to win vs Detroit, San Diego and KC. The Donks are playing some good defense right now. Like I said, the pressure is on.

Of course, all the Raider's gotta do is win out. :)

If they have Cutler, they would have won.

Could come down to Raiders v. Tebow.

At Miami is not cakewalk, suddenly.

Likewise, had the Raiders had DMC, D. Moore, and Jacoby Ford they would have won.

Likewise, had the Raiders had DMC, D. Moore, and Jacoby Ford they would have won.

They did win, sir.

I like seeing the Raiders do well, so I wasn't taking a shot at ya. Love me some DMC.

They did win, sir.

I like seeing the Raiders do well, so I wasn't taking a shot at ya. Love me some DMC.

Appreciate that. All the games are big from here on out. And Miami is the biggest right now. Gonna be a tough game for the Raiders. And if they lose, I won't like it but there is little I can do about it.

VN Store

Back