The Official SC @ #1 Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. May 16 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Fri. May 17 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 18 1PM EST SECNET+)

Here’s a hypothetical for y’all…

Would you rather Vandy sweep Ky and we win the SEC? Or Ky sweep Vandy and Vandy misses the postseason altogether?

I know there’s an in-between thread the needle scenario but that’s not in the hypothetical…
My brother and I had this same debate earlier this week and we’re on opposite ends. He’s for Vandy missing out and possibly beginning a slow crumble of the program. I’ll take titles all day, every day and believe winning is the biggest attractor of talent there is.

My brother and I had this same debate earlier this week and we’re on opposite ends. He’s for Vandy missing out and possibly beginning a slow crumble of the program. I’ll take titles all day, every day and believe winning is the biggest attractor of talent there is.
Fanatics…ever whar! Of all flavors!

random question: my wife, 3 year old daughter, and myself are going to our first vols baseball game on saturday. we have SRO tickets, and i was just wondering - is the Standing Room Only area in right field closed off where you can't walk around the stadium? It appeared on Tuesday's broadcast that there was some kinda barrier put up to keep SRO people from moving about the main concourse (but i could have been totally seeing things).

random question: my wife, 3 year old daughter, and myself are going to our first vols baseball game on saturday. we have SRO tickets, and i was just wondering - is the Standing Room Only area in right field closed off where you can't walk around the stadium? It appeared on Tuesday's broadcast that there was some kinda barrier put up to keep SRO people from moving about the main concourse (but i could have been totally seeing things).

You can walk around, in the main grandstand area there is no standing at the concourse rail as it is fairly narrow area. They do let people stand back up agains the wall.

If you're with your family, I would hang at the end of the right and left field corners. There's food and drinks in this area and there are drink rails where you an stand and place your food and drink while you watch.

The concourse behind home plate is congested and the no standing restrictions are to help lessen this.

When the larger plaza area is completed in 2025, thee will be be even more room. You will likely be able to find some seats somewhere to sit after the game begins. Especially with the weather forecast like it is.

You can walk around, in the main grandstand area there is no standing at the concourse rail as it is fairly narrow area. They do let people stand back up agains the wall.

If you're with your family, I would hang at the end of the right and left field corners. There's food and drinks in this area and there are drink rails where you an stand and place your food and drink while you watch.

The concourse behind home plate is congested and the no standing restrictions are to help lessen this.

When the larger plaza area is completed in 2025, thee will be be even more room. You will likely be able to find some seats somewhere to sit after the game begins. Especially with the weather forecast like it is.
you're the man! thanks for your detailed response! GBO

Even if UK sweeps Vanderbilt, the middle-school, cheerleader wannabees in that UK dugout KNOW who the better team is. They got REALLY lucky with every top rated team playing in Lexington and still lost three weekend series in 2024. Vols pitch better. Vols hit better. Vols coach better. Vols are better.

VolMen > VandyBoys and BabySharks

SECT is meaningless. Rather rest for regionals.
Respectfully disagree. Championship is a championship. We haven't been good long enough for me to not care. Ring for the boys and something to put on the wall is definitely important to me.

I've edited this to reflect I have lost the ability to read. I see on 2nd look you see talking about the tournament. It was awfully fun winning that in 22 but regular season is more important

Would you rather Vandy sweep Ky and we win the SEC? Or Ky sweep Vandy and Vandy misses the postseason altogether?

I know there’s an in-between thread the needle scenario but that’s not in the hypothetical…

Can't they both lose? Would rather win the SEC - don't want KY to be celebrating.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I'm thinking that it's just healthier for humans, psychologically and maybe even spiritually, to wish positively for one's own interests than to wish ill for another's. Schadenfreude seems to take us closer to the Dark Triad.

I'd rather Tennessee be SEC Champs. If others benefit from our success, let them be grateful for us.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back