The Official Tennessee @ Arkansas Series Thread (4/14 8PM EST SEC NETWORK) (4/15 7PM EST SEC NET+) (4/16 3PM EST SEC NET+)

DVH did not list a Saturday or sunday starter either. I'm guessing TV will see what happens Friday then decide on Saturday and Sunday. It would not surprise me to see a game where he goes Tuesday mode and throws one bullpen guy an inning.
I actually would not mind seeing this at all. Giving the guys in the pen a chance to thrown under the bright lights of a Friday night SEC game against a quality opponent (redundancy noted) will only better prepare them for the pressures of the post-season, should they appear in a big moment. You never know with injuries, bad outings, etc. when your number will be called.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ya did. Props to ya.

I would not have done this. Great, great opportunity for Andrew, but is the place and time to do this at #5 Arkansas in front of 8,000 rabid partisan fans??? Or maybe next week at home against Vandy?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was more than that, Arkansas averaged about 10,300 in attendance last season. At least tomorrow with the spring football game going on too.

I'm pretty surprised that this team is currently in first place in the West despite some obvious warts with the roster. Three pitchers have been hurt (two of which are out for the year) and the staff has just kinda piecemealed things together all year. The lineup is very good though outside of catcher and SS which are awful. No result would really shock me this weekend either way.

DVH did not list a Saturday or sunday starter either. I'm guessing TV will see what happens Friday then decide on Saturday and Sunday. It would not surprise me to see a game where he goes Tuesday mode and throws one bullpen guy an inning.
I just don't understand what is happening. Tipping pitches? Predictable sequence? Both Chases go on stretches where they are unhittable so the stuff must be there.

A player from LSU told Kirby and some other guys that they had spent almost one day a week every week preparing for Dollander and Burns. Using the VR technology and watching film. I think there is so much film out there on them now that they are going to have to change something up to get the top guys out. Plus, I am never a fan of wasting pitches, but I think they were going to have to make them Chase some pitches at 0-2.

A player from LSU told Kirby and some other guys that they had spent almost one day a week every week preparing for Dollander and Burns. Using the VR technology and watching film. I think there is so much film out there on them now that they are going to have to change something up to get the top guys out. Plus, I am never a fan of wasting pitches, but I think they were going to have to make them Chase some pitches at 0-2.
I suspected this to be the case. You can’t be that dominant and not expect your opponents to study you more than anyone else. There is a reason the elite guys in MLB stay dominant. They are always adapting and adding to their repertoire.

Film definitely makes it more difficult. However, hitters still have to perform and hit the pitch. Dollander and Burns have not been able to locate consistently, which leads to leaving more pitches over the plate (middle/middle). That also takes away their flexibility on pitch selection in certain counts and their ability to pitch backwards in counts. That makes them more predictable. Couple that with film study and it makes things difficult.

It's sure not going to get any easier when they enter the professional ranks. The metrics and study is exponentially more, I assure you.

They will get it straightened out and get back on track soon I believe.

VN Store

Back