The Official Tennessee @ Indiana Regional Game Thread (Sat. June 1st 6PM EST) (ESPNU)

Depends on who wins the first game.
You sure? I could be wrong but here's what I thought:

We've been the home once.
So Miss was the home on day one.
IU was home once (tonight.)
In the L bracket, So Miss will be home because they've both been it once and they are the higher seed.
So, if we play So Miss, we will be home because they've been it 2 to our 1.
If we play IU, both teams will have been home once, so we get it as the higher seed.

Please inform me if my explanation illustrates a misunderstanding of the rules.

Thanks

In the L bracket, So Miss will be home because they've both been it once and they are the higher seed.
If we play IU, both teams will have been home once, so we get it as the higher seed.

Thanks
Not gonna fret that this rule is greek to me

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Thanks
So Miss will be home if they win. Vols home if IU.

So Miss was home in their 1st game match up with IU so tomorrow game IU is home. Has nothing to do with seed except in the first round.

Here’s the bullet points:

• The better-seeded team will be the home team during the first game each team plays in the tournament.
  • If both teams that were the road team (or home team) in their first game face each other in their first winners bracket/losers bracket game, a tournament director or umpire will flip a coin with both teams present to determine who is the home team as soon as the matchup is finalized.
The rest of the “who’s home” rules are in full below, in order of priority.

1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that particular tournament.

2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times they were the visitor, then the team that has been the visitor more often will be designated the home team.

3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and visitor, the games committee or the NCAA game representative shall observe the following procedures in the order stated:

a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor in the previous game shall be the home team in the game in question

(Exception: If two teams are left where both teams have been the home team twice, the fifth game will be determined by a coin flip);

b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless both teams were visitors in their preceding games; or

c. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be determined by coin flip. The higher seeded team can determine whether they will call the coin toss, or defer the call to their opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
So Miss will be home if they win. Vols home if IU.

So Miss was home in their 1st game match up with IU so tomorrow game IU is home. Has nothing to do with seed.
We've yet to play So Miss. How is the determination made as to who is home?

VN Store

Back