The Official Tennessee @ Indiana Regional Game Thread (Sat. June 1st 6PM EST) (ESPNU)

Sure

In a four-team double-elimination regional, losing the first game can quickly be insurmountable. Just one such team in the last two years has managed to escape the loser’s bracket.

• That team—out of 64 teams that lost their first game of a regional over the last two years—was Southern Miss last season. The Golden Eagles fell to Samford in 10 innings before winning four straight games.
  • Two teams pulled it off back in 2021. LSU (Eugene Regional) and Virginia (Columbia Regional) won four straight elimination games.
  • In total, just three of the last 64 regional winners have come out of the loser’s bracket.

Reactions: drylo
I was just asking, as much bad blood as there is, I’m surprised the Aggies agreed to it.
I’m curious to how much “input” the Aggies actually had in the situation? I agree with you and I’m guessing the Aggies aren’t very happy about the expansion. I’m sure they’ll put on a happy face and applaud Sankey and the addition in public, but I bet it’s a different story behind closed doors.
Didn’t the Texas and A&M divorce get kinda ugly when the Aggies left the Big12?

Reactions: knoxvol52
I believe around 27% and if it goes to an if necessary game on Monday, the team from the loser's bracket has a 7% chance. I think that's what I heard last night during the broadcast.
I think you’re right. All I heard was if you lose game one, you have only a 7 percent chance of winning the regional.

Sure

In a four-team double-elimination regional, losing the first game can quickly be insurmountable. Just one such team in the last two years has managed to escape the loser’s bracket.

• That team—out of 64 teams that lost their first game of a regional over the last two years—was Southern Miss last season. The Golden Eagles fell to Samford in 10 innings before winning four straight games.
  • Two teams pulled it off back in 2021. LSU (Eugene Regional) and Virginia (Columbia Regional) won four straight elimination games.
  • In total, just three of the last 64 regional winners have come out of the loser’s bracket.

And two of those three went on to face (and lose to 😎) Tennessee in the super regional.

I’m curious to how much “input” the Aggies actually had in the situation? I agree with you and I’m guessing the Aggies aren’t very happy about the expansion. I’m sure they’ll put on a happy face and applaud Sankey and the addition in public, but I bet it’s a different story behind closed doors.
Didn’t the Texas and A&M divorce get kinda ugly when the Aggies left the Big12?

Every thing about it was ugly…Texas is in for a rude awakening here, just another noob.

I suspect TAMU didn’t have the clout UF has over FSU.

Indiana has zero business being in this tournament. They are terrible. This game isn’t even close to being competitive.

Indiana has zero business being in this tournament. They are terrible. This game isn’t even close to being competitive.

Well, they did beat Southern Miss in their first game. They just don’t have any pitching outside of their Friday guys. I did hope that it would be a close game that would force USM to sweat and waste some arms, but USM isn’t going to throw anyone worth a damn now.

Oh well. Just going to have to perform at a high level tonight.

been playing remote roulette the past half hour. Got day started with first pitch of the l;ittle annoying dogs' tussle with the Bengal Tigers. Seem to be stuck now on Cajun-TU clash

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back