The Official Tennessee Shriners College Showdown Games Thread (Friday 2/16 8PM EST) (Sat. 2/17 8PM EST) (Sun. 2/18 7:30PM EST) (FLOBASEBALL TV)

TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS
(0-0) Overall (0-0) SEC
View attachment 619413

VS
TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS
(0-0) Overall (0-0) BIG 12
View attachment 619415

ARLINGTON, TX- Tennessee travels to Globelife Field in Arlington, Texas to play in The Shriners Children’s College Showdown from Feb 16-Feb 18. Tennessee will open with The Texas Tech Raiders on Friday, Feb 16th at 8PM EST.

All three games can be viewed on Flobaseball. Flo is a subscription service.

Pitching matchup is TBD.

Tennessee and Texas Tech have only met twice before and the series is tied at 1-1. Tennessee defeated Texas Tech 6-2 in 2020 in Round Rock, TX and Texas Tech defeated Tennessee 7-3 in 2008 in Houston, TX.

Perhaps Texas Tech might come to Knoxville for a future ooc series.

Because the games this weekend will be in an MLB park, the statcast/hawkeye system will be running all weekend. This allows for a rare opportunity to get pitch data and batted ball data that isn't normally available. All three games (as well as several other college games over the course of the season) will have Baseball Savant data feeds running. You typically can't find them just by going to the site and looking for scores, only the MLB games show up that way for some reason. But I went through and found the game IDs for the Tennessee games this weekend for those interested in following this way.

Here is the web address to the Texas Tech game: Baseball Savant - Statcast Game Feed & Advanced Metrics

For the others, it's the same thing, but you replace the 6 digit code at the end with the unique game ID. Vs Baylor it's 763709. Vs Oklahoma its 763721.

This is my first post here, so I wanted to make it helpful. I'm an LSU alum married to a Tennessee alum. I also have a (loose) personal connection to the coaching staff at Tennessee. I will never be here talking smack about Tennessee, though I may be here talking smack about Vandy. Cheers and good luck this season. I'll be watching and pulling for yall in nearly every game.

Is there a thread with a projected lineup? I've tried to piece it all together of blurbs and articles from different places. I saw where Moore held down SS and Lohry is at 2B. Was more so curious about the outfield and it's rotations.

Because the games this weekend will be in an MLB park, the statcast/hawkeye system will be running all weekend. This allows for a rare opportunity to get pitch data and batted ball data that isn't normally available. All three games (as well as several other college games over the course of the season) will have Baseball Savant data feeds running. You typically can't find them just by going to the site and looking for scores, only the MLB games show up that way for some reason. But I went through and found the game IDs for the Tennessee games this weekend for those interested in following this way.

Here is the web address to the Texas Tech game: Baseball Savant - Statcast Game Feed & Advanced Metrics

For the others, it's the same thing, but you replace the 6 digit code at the end with the unique game ID. Vs Baylor it's 763709. Vs Oklahoma its 763721.

This is my first post here, so I wanted to make it helpful. I'm an LSU alum married to a Tennessee alum. I also have a (loose) personal connection to the coaching staff at Tennessee. I will never be here talking smack about Tennessee, though I may be here talking smack about Vandy. Cheers and good luck this season. I'll be watching and pulling for yall in nearly every game.
Welcome. Thanks for the info.

Is there a thread with a projected lineup? I've tried to piece it all together of blurbs and articles from different places. I saw where Moore held down SS and Lohry is at 2B. Was more so curious about the outfield and it's rotations.
I’m guessing…
1B. Burke
2B. Lohry
SS. Moore
3B. Amick
C. Peebles
LF. Dreiling
CF. Ensley
RF. Tears
SP: Beam, Russell, Sechrist

Last edited:
I just signed up. I will cancel next week.
Doing the same. I‘m watching King vs UVA Wise now on Flobaseball. The quality isn’t bad but I bet this weekend‘s quality will be better. I was surprised to see that many teams in the South Atlantic Conf have already played 6 or 7 games.

Thank you and Welcome!

VN Store

Back