The Official Tennessee Shriners College Showdown Games Thread (Friday 2/16 8PM EST) (Sat. 2/17 8PM EST) (Sun. 2/18 7:30PM EST) (FLOBASEBALL TV)

He’s never had an issue the 1st half of the season, it will be interesting to see if he can finish as a starter……….as much as he doesn’t want to accept it, Burns may make his moneys out of the bullpen one day. He’s a heck of a closer.
I wish him the best (but would’ve preferred he stayed here), but LSU fans have been dogging him on Wake’s tweets about him ‘stepping down’ to the ACC and not being able to handle the SEC.

JW is in Arlington and will do radio tonite... tomorrow might be a MBB conflict so not sure if they can do a baseball stream with a MBB broadcast. I am guessing JW will do the Sunday game as well on the Vol Network.
Thanks buddy.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Re: Broadcast of the game

When I moved from E. Tn. To go to grad school, I would often drive through the Piedmont and Sandhills of NC looking for a good spot to pick up AM radio broadcasts of Tn games. Good memories listening to Mike Keith calling games.

When reception was just terrible, I would phone home to ask my mom what the score was of ongoing games.

More than once, mom set the phone down and let me listen to the radio broadcast coming in strong over her radio just outside of Knoxville.

I think I will light the fire pit tonight, sit under the late winter sky, and listen to the radio broadcast once again. I’ve got plenty of time for tv later.

Go Vols!

Well…it’s hard not to be nice to you buddy. You add a lot to the forum. 🍊👍😀😃👊🍊👍👊🍊

i-miss-you-hug.gif

If the Oregon/Oklahoma game at 4 is also on the YouTube channel, that might indicate all of the games are? Guess we’ll see soon.

It’s surely ego, but I don’t get it. MLB closers can be more celebrated than starters in some cases. Mariano Rivera is more remembered than most of the guys who started on his Yankees teams.

Eric Gagne is the only dodger pitcher I remember from the early 00’s besides the Japanese guy who came over that had press for weeks when I was a kid in the late 90’s.

Even recently, Felix Bautista is the most popular oriole.

Being a closer is arguably preferable imo. You get the most high leverage situations, the most praise (only if you are successful, much like being a QB.), and the longevity you have compared to starters is nothing to scoff at either.
Hideo Nomo.

Reactions: Christian Lowe

VN Store

Back