The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Upon further review, picking #4 is a good possibility. I don't see a bunch of wins on their schedule. 6 maybe. I think Levis is safe if he shows progress and doesn't turn the ball over a lot. With those WR he should have it fairly easy if the line can hold up.
I actually see 9/10 wins.............

Offense is going to be dynamic. I really believe in Levis. If the defense (LBs and DL depth) can hold up, I see a playoff team

That or there were a ton of injuries. I think the Titans are a year away from really competing for the division crown.
If they have a ton of injuries, after three straight years at the top for injuries with the previous coaching regime, something is terribly wrong with the org.

A lot is subject to O-line performance. I am counting on a significant improvement due to the personnel changes and Dad C's involvement. If they are solid, if Levis does not perform it will be on him with those receivers and RB's. Those are quality targets and running backs.

With steady improvement I don't see them having the 4th worst record at all.

I actually see 9/10 wins.............

Offense is going to be dynamic. I really believe in Levis. If the defense (LBs and DL depth) can hold up, I see a playoff team
Dunno.
@ Chicago - W
Jets- L
Green Bay - L
@Miami -L
Indy- W
@Buffalo - L
@Detroit -L
New England -W
@Chargers -L
Minnesota - W
@Houston - L
@Washington - W
Jacksonville - W
Cincy - L
@indy -L
@ Jacksonville - W?
Houston - L
Looks pretty tough to me to get to 9 wins. Maybe they sweep Indy and Jacksonville to get to 8?

Dunno.
@ Chicago - W
Jets- L
Green Bay - L
@Miami -L
Indy- W
@Buffalo - L
@Detroit -L
New England -W
@Chargers -L
Minnesota - W
@Houston - L
@Washington - W
Jacksonville - W
Cincy - L
@indy -L
@ Jacksonville - W?
Houston - L
Looks pretty tough to me to get to 9 wins. Maybe they sweep Indy and Jacksonville to get to 8?
Gonna be a fun year ........... I will only say this...........

The players are ready and have very high expectations. Straight from the "horse's mouth." :oops:

Reactions: Vol since 77
Dunno.
@ Chicago - W
Jets- L
Green Bay - L
@Miami -L
Indy- W
@Buffalo - L
@Detroit -L
New England -W
@Chargers -L
Minnesota - W
@Houston - L
@Washington - W
Jacksonville - W
Cincy - L
@indy -L
@ Jacksonville - W?
Houston - L

I think losing 2 to Jacksonville is more likely than a sweep. But I’m pretty pessimistic about this season in general. I expect below average play from a rookie left tackle who hasn’t played left tackle, below average play at right guard and right tackle. Below average play at tight end. Below average safety play. Below average pass rush. And possibly below average QB play too

I think losing 2 to Jacksonville is more likely than a sweep. But I’m pretty pessimistic about this season in general. I expect below average play from a rookie left tackle who hasn’t played left tackle, below average play at right guard and right tackle. Below average play at tight end. Below average safety play. Below average pass rush. And possibly below average QB play too
Safety and LB are the only two positions that are iffy…..Latham ain’t gonna have any issue switching to LT. He’s played the position before. It’s not a big difference anyway.

I know VN hates Levis, but I really expect him to have a solid season. Staff freaking loves him….as do the players.

I’m still standing pat at 9-10 wins…..

New corners are aggressive in press coverage, which fits Denard Wilson’s scheme perfectly. WR room is solid as anyone’s. RBs are solid and can run a full route tree when spread out.

Reactions: Vols4us and Vol8188
Safety and LB are the only two positions that are iffy…..Latham ain’t gonna have any issue switching to LT. He’s played the position before. It’s not a big difference anyway.

I know VN hates Levis, but I really expect him to have a solid season. Staff freaking loves him….as do the players.

I’m still standing pat at 9-10 wins…..

New corners are aggressive in press coverage, which fits Denard Wilson’s scheme perfectly. WR room is solid as anyone’s. RBs are solid and can run a full route tree when spread out.
I agree completely.

Despite comments on the tough schedule, I read where we will likely face potentially 9 first or second year starting QB's. To me that means a lot of games that are toss-ups in reality that may not appear so preseason. All of those young QB's are going to face a Titan D they have not seen in the past in games or on film. FTR, I love the aggressive D the Titans are likely to play and it appears they have some good personnel to play it.

Levis just needs to be given enough time to make good reads and deliver. He does not have to try to be Mahomes or Rodgers. I am counting on Son C to get in his head.

Reactions: peaygolf
I could be wrong but I think this team is still a year away from being able to have a winning season.

No edge rushers. Weak safety play. Weak LB play. Outside of corner and Jeffrey Simmons I think we should expect below average play on defense. Sweat I think could end up being great. But I think we are overvaluing what a rookie can do in year one.

Same with LT. Normally even elite LTs are below average in their first year. I’m not sure anyone has confidence in our right guard spot. We are hoping (and I expect it) LG play is significantly improved, but PS was below average last year. Same with RT (expect I don’t expect it to improve). So there’s only one lineman who I think we for sure get above average play.

Our WRs are likely to be above average but they’ve got a lot of miles on the tires. Not 100% sure we still get the same Hopkins. How much does Boyd have left?

TE play will likely be below average.

I’d expect to be 6-11.

VN Store

Back