The Official Tennessee @ UGA Series Thread (Fri. 5/5 6PM EST) (Sat. 5/6 2PM EST) (Sun. 5/7 1PM EST) All games on SEC NETWORK+

These announcers are right. Just can’t figure out why Beam was left in so long with what we have in the bullpen.

There have been some head-scratching coaching decisions this weekend.

Reactions: Boomer78
Burke has killed us this series.
1-12 for Burke this series FUGLY!
What the hell is up with Burke???
Burke has no feel today, swinging at crap pitches

Should i send my sister to town??

IMG_5995.jpg

Question to those ⚾️ gurus. What is it about playing ⚾️ on the road that makes it more challenging?

The environment is more raucous on the road, esp with too tier teams, but UGA, Mizz, etc?

So home teams get a better strike zone? Just curious. Thanks
Sure, home teams often get calls, that happens in most sports. But, I just think it is a comfort level at home. You sleep in your bed. You eat your cafeterias food. You get to the park to the comforts of a luxurious clubhouse. Then, you play in a park where you know the contours and angles. You know where the sun is. You know the shadows and the backdrops. You do this every day in practice, and 30+ times in games.

On the road, look east, not west, Have to find the sun, sleep on hotel mattresses, and count steps to the outfield wall.

Familiarity matters, especially when reacting to fast pitches in a fraction of a second.

We aren’t the only team to be better at home than in the road, but I think that, especially for a team with as many first year starters as we have, unfamiliarity with road parks hurts us.

Just my thoughts on it.

Realistically, do y’all think we get in with 14 conference wins? Or do we need 15? I think it’s close. Hosting will be off the table with a loss today
You really can’t decide what the committee will do from the results of one game….today. Hosting won’t be decided until it’s decided and there are still so many factors in play for this team.

AJ got an arm, gonna be fun to see how he develops.

The starting rotation next year will be interesting. Lose Dollander, but Lindsey, Burns, Beam, Russell, and Halvorsen should all push for the 3 weekend spots. At this point, I kinda like the notion of keeping Burns in the pen and going with Lindsey, Russell, and Beam as the weekend starters.

Realistically, do y’all think we get in with 14 conference wins? Or do we need 15? I think it’s close. Hosting will be off the table with a loss today

We will have 6 SEC games plus Hoover left after today. The next six are top 5 rpi opponents. Plenty of opportunity still ahead of us. Statisitically speaking, this was the series to rack up some wins and the deck was stacked in our favor.

Question to those ⚾️ gurus. What is it about playing ⚾️ on the road that makes it more challenging?

The environment is more raucous on the road, esp with too tier teams, but UGA, Mizz, etc?

So home teams get a better strike zone? Just curious. Thanks
I loved playing on the road! Made no difference to me. And speaking of Georgia ballpark......I always thought, and still do, that Foley Field was the best overall field in the league. So, playing poor on the road this year is what it is, and there are NO excuses.

VN Store

Back