The Official Tennessee @ UGA Series Thread (Fri. 5/5 6PM EST) (Sat. 5/6 2PM EST) (Sun. 5/7 1PM EST) All games on SEC NETWORK+

I used to get mad at pundits/fans who said our small home park makes us look better than we are. But they may have been right.
I prefer to think our small ballpark makes the other teams look worse than they are. Makes total sense to me.

The one peak a boo against Tony. Didn’t really cost us until ND last year, but has bitten us a few times this year already
To be fair, Burns had only allowed 2 hits thru 6 innings in that final game against ND. I would not have pulled him after 6 innings the way he was pitching.

Completely off topic but, Adley Rutschman, May be on his way to being in the conversation as best all around catcher...of all time!
This kid is good.

Reactions: EasternVol
Question to those ⚾️ gurus. What is it about playing ⚾️ on the road that makes it more challenging?

The environment is more raucous on the road, esp with too tier teams, but UGA, Mizz, etc?

So home teams get a better strike zone? Just curious. Thanks

As many TN fans there today as GA. I’m going to blame it on the barking fans... but to answer your question, there‘s a few things that benefit the home team. They tend to know how the field and park plays (every park has it’s own intricacies and plays differently). The rules of who bats first and bats last also give the home team a huge advantage. It’s why we ** and moaned last year and the year prior when we were the host team in NCAA’s yet had to bat first. It neutralized one of the main advantages of hosting.

Burke looks lost lately. I was hoping Dickey wouldn’t walk there. When he did, I figured we weren’t going to score. I don’t know how many times he’s check swinged and still hit the bell lately…which means he’s totally unsure at the plate. He’ll come around. Too good not to.

That Ensley DP was tough luck. Hard hit ball, but right at the 3B, totally turned the inning around.

Things not looking good right now.

I used to get mad at pundits/fans who said our small home park makes us look better than we are. But they may have been right.
We’re not even lifting the ball today, the park has nothing to do with it. BTW, the park we’re playing in today is 314 down the RF line (6 ft SHORTER than LNS) every LH hitter should have an advantage. CMo hit one over the 350ft LF fence Friday, hit the batters eye on another and Stark just hit one that had the LF and CF arguing about when it landed. This take is stupid.

VN Store

Back