The Official Tennessee @ UGA Series Thread (Fri. 5/5 6PM EST) (Sat. 5/6 2PM EST) (Sun. 5/7 1PM EST) All games on SEC NETWORK+

As hopeful as I was that Vandy comeback win would be a turning point of the season, and it looked like it would be, I hope this isn't the turning point correcting back to what it was. Bad defense and watching strike 3's is starting to rear it's ugly head again.
It isn’t. Going 7-2 over the last nine SEC games, no matter the sequence, is pretty darn good.

We make our opponents steal attempts look like Lou Brock is running bases.
Frank doesn’t even try to teach pitchers the stretch. And he calls too many fastballs. Those are the two flaws that if he would just fix, he’d be pretty much a perfect pitching coach

Reactions: Caz
Well we can’t beat anyone on the road, so hello stoppable force, I am movable object

We only really have a trip to cocky land.

Hoover kinda home turf for us after last couple of years.

50/50 on NCAA giving us a host, or short trip to a small school.

We could still get another five weeks of Vols baseball. Low expectations moving forward.

Wish we had another right hand hitter heat up late to provide more balance.

It evens itself out? If they win one game at Mizzou they are sitting at 13-11 after today and that is huge difference.
Yes, it evens itself out. For baseball, you want to not get swept on the road, and win your series at home. If you do that you’ll have a good season. We got swept on the road, but then swept the Aggies at home (evened it out). We got swept at Arkansas and then swept Vandy at home (evened it out). Lost the series at home to FL, but then swept Mississippi State (evened it out). While we of course would have liked to have won a game at MO, it doesn’t mean we’d be at 13-11. Baseball, of all sports, plays closest to the laws of average.

Feels like securing a regional hosting spot is going to be a big determinant for how for this team can go. Lots of road struggles all year. We need to finish strong these next two weekends and win a few games in Hoover.

VN Store

Back