Weather: 88°F / 60°F. Precip: 0%
Line: UT +28
O/U: 72.5

TV: ABC
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius Premier Ch. 85, XM Ch. 85

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Saturday's game is the second meeting between Tennessee and Oregon. The Ducks won the only previous meeting 48-13 in Knoxville on Sept. 11, 2010.

Tennessee is 17-14-4 all-time vs. the current Pac-12 schools. The last win over a Pac-12 team for UT was in the season opener in 2006, when the No. 23 Vols beat No. 9 Cal in Knoxville, 35-18.

The Vols will attempt to snap a two-game losing streak on the West Coast, falling at Cal in 2007 (45-31) and at UCLA in 2008 (27-24, OT).

The last win on the left coast for the Vols happened on Sept. 6, 1997, when Peyton Manning led Tennessee to a 30-24 win at UCLA.

Tennessee is 7-7-1 all-time vs. No. 2-ranked opponents. The last meeting vs. a No. 2 team was a 37-6 loss to Alabama in 2011, and the last victory for UT over the No. 2 team was a 34-32 win at Florida in 2001.

The Volunteers have won three of their last five vs. 2nd-ranked teams.

Tennessee is tied for first in the nation with nine turnovers forced in 2013 (Tulane).

With seven interceptions, the Vols are also tied with Northwestern for first in the NCAA.

The Vols' turnover margin of +7 (+3.5/game) ranks tied for third nationally.

UT forced seven turnovers against Western Kentucky (five INTs, two fumbles), the team's most since seven vs. Memphis on Nov. 10, 1984 (five fumbles, two INTs).
Against Western Kentucky, the Vols carded five interceptions marking the first time since Nov. 20, 1999 vs. Kentucky that the Vols have achieved that feat.

The Vols forced turnovers on a NCAA-record four consecutive plays in the first quarter.

Since 2011, Butch Jones-coached teams have forced 70 turnovers, ranking Jones tied for first nationally among head coaches from BCS conferences during that time. Overall, Jones ranks tied for third in all of FBS during that span (Darrell Hazell 73, Mike McIntyre 71).

Tennessee has won 12 consecutive regular-season games vs. non-conference opponents, the longest such streak for the Vols since they won 18 consecutive regular-season games out of conference from 1997-2002.

The last regular season loss to a non-SEC team was vs. Oregon on Sept. 11, 2010.

The 18-game streak began with a season-opening win over Texas Tech in 1997 and continued through the win over Rutgers in 2002. The streak ended vs. Miami (Fla.) on Nov. 2, 2002.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I'm gonna go ahead and make my knee jerk reaction posts right now:

"Why do we always leave the middle of the field wide open?"

"Wow"

"They're gonna score"

"Dammit"

"Neil for six!! GBO!"

"Is Sal coaching the D again?"

"That's game. Ya'll think we can beat Florida next week?"

Reactions: 11 people

"Wow"

"They're gonna score"

"Dammit"

"Neil for six!! GBO!"

lmao @ Neil

"Wow"

"They're gonna score"

"Dammit"

"Neil for six!! GBO!"

You forgot "3rd and Jancek :banghead2::banghead2:"

Because Jancek has such a storied history of giving up 3rd downs in his years here. Couldn't believe I heard that so much last week.

VN Store

Back