The Official Tennessee vs Charlotte (Clemson Regional Final) Sun. 6/4 6PM EST ESPN+ Only

Southern miss has lost to every sec opponent they have played besides auburn. They gonna prop them up because they play some weak sauce competition

We got jobbed out of a host already. Our RPI is 12. Better schedule, better wins, won at #4 national seed.. Absolutely stupid.

The NCAA baseball selection chair said USM was #17th in seeding slots, so they clearly viewed them ahead of TN.. which is why Vols got shipped off to #4 Clemson and USM got #13 Auburn.

I posted this in another thread earlier. Add in the fact that the national baseball media are now saying USM has the advantage - tells you where this is headed. Remember, though, USM needs to win today AND tomorrow. This is a long way from being over.

Selection for supers has NOTHING to do with rpi. There is no s curve of 2 seeds. It is based on lodging, facilities, and revenue (guaranteed ticket sales by the bid hosts). The only advantage TN has is in lodging, but Hattiesburg has more than sufficient accommodations to handle the event. They’re a tradition rich program with a beautiful stadium and are above us in attendance this year. Our highest ever program attendance record wouldn’t even crack their top 10 list.

Lodging - Knoxville ✅
Facilities - USM ✅
Revenue - USM ✅
Politics - “anti sec” and retiring coach - USM ✅

Vols ✅
USM ✅✅✅

As I’ve said all week, won’t even be close. Vols need Penn to win. This decision would be made entirely by the ncaa committee who thought so highly of the Vols that they shipped us off to the #4 overall seed who had won 17 in a row and just clenched an ACC title. Any hope of Vols hosting in that scenario is just an illusion.

The NCAA baseball selection chair said USM was #17th in seeding slots, so they clearly viewed them ahead of TN.. which is why Vols got shipped off to #4 Clemson and USM got #13 Auburn.
No no no they for sure put you by region as well.. Tulane went to lsu.. if it went by seeding no way a 40 loss team doesn’t go to #1 wake forest

I get it OJJ, but when you look at it objectively based on the NCAA's criteria it's going to USM.

They should do it like softball. Winner of higher seeded regional hosts the super. That’s what happened with Stanford/Oregon State last year. Stanford won Bama’s regional (5 seed) and Oregon State won our regional (seeded 12) so Stanford hosted.

No no no they for sure put you by region as well.. Tulane went to lsu.. if it went by seeding no way a 40 loss team doesn’t go to #1 wake forest
I think they look at an overall seeding and then move around to for region within reason. They don't want to say that but that is what I think they do. Their outward messaging allows them an out and don't have to explain their decisions.

VN Store

Back