The Official UNC @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 2 Thread (Sun. June 16) (7PM EST) (ESPN2)

A Spring Sunday won’t be a long challenging workday for me at Texas
Roadhouse because Tennessee is playing North Carolina in the Winners bracket game instead of the undesirable no room for failure that is an elimination game.

Making a commitment now to not post in this thread on Sunday night so my anxiety riddled thoughts don’t bring down the mood.

JUST WIN BABY! GO DAMN VOLS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Everyone just be themselves. So far so good. Even Manning isn't a jinx anymore after the Bama football game and this. Good times.

I apologize for all the negative posts I made Friday night. Pulling our starting pitching after 8 pitches turned out to be pure genius by Tony V. I will not question this team again during the game. Wow what a friggin comeback. One for the ages. A never say die attitude with this team. Great team win and fortitude shown by the coaches and players. Go Vols beat North Carolina!!!

I apologize for all the negative posts I made Friday night. Pulling our starting pitching after 8 pitches turned out to be pure genius by Tony V. I will not question this team again during the game. Wow what a friggin comeback. One for the ages. A never say die attitude with this team. Great team win and fortitude shown by the coaches and players. Go Vols beat North Carolina!!!

Why was pulling our starter after one out genius? He could have got out of the inning--and we needed innings from him. We have a thin staff. I thought it was a very questionable, panicky move. He played the first inning as if it were the 7th or 8th. In the end our hitting overcame, as it has all year--and when you win everything seems "genius."

Reactions: lefthander
Why was pulling our starter after one out genius? He could have got out of the inning--and we needed innings from him. We have a thin staff. I thought it was a very questionable, panicky move. He played the first inning as if it were the 7th or 8th. In the end our hitting overcame, as it has all year--and when you win everything seems "genius."
I was just trying to say that I questioned it too, but after winning the game….he must know more than me!! I’m not going to question any decision TV makes during a game again.

Keep pulling the strings Coach TV. You are smarter than me!!

The way the NCAA ignores higher seeds being home teams is a terrible rule. No reason to have a coin flip top seeded team should always be the home team. Very favorable to NC and lower seeds to get the chance to be the home team.

Tony V is proving to be a great manager mostly because 2024 is the Volunteers topnotch season which has the Volunteers looking like a team of destiny to win the College World Series for the first time.

The Volunteers on Friday night in the Midwest city that I love proved to have the heart of a champion by winning a challenging game vs a Seminoles team that can score a high amount of runs.

Reactions: Score50
Has nothing to do with genius or not. Each coach makes decisions in real time and not in hindsight. At the time I am sure Tony thought it was going to be a pitchers dual and wanted to keep the runs to a minimum. If you would have told them each team would score 10 plus runs at that point then I am sure he doesn’t make the move. Stamos had not pitched clean in quite some time and the leash on him had been getting shorter and shorter. Sometimes there is no right or wrong…it is what the manager feels like doing. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Tony should not have been bashed in real time and he shouldn’t be lauded as a genius in hindsight. It’s baseball! Tony is the ultimate baseball man and that is all we can ask for!

I was just trying to say that I questioned it too, but after winning the game….he must know more than me!! I’m not going to question any decision TV makes during a game again.

Keep pulling the strings Coach TV. You are smarter than me!!
No way CTV is smarter than @turbovol . 🤣🤣🤣

A great song by Pop Evil that could be the theme for the 2024 Volunteers baseball team.

VN Store

Back