***The Official US Open Thread***

TXA&M07

Roll the dice....
The Official Site of the 113th U.S. Open Championship Conducted By The USGA

Merion Golf Club aka; that course with the wicker baskets.

First group goes off at 6:45 am Yankee time.

Tiger paired with Rory and and Scott tee off around 1:15

Take your pick.

Should be real competitive approach shots with all this rain they've had. Putts may be slow, but they might not be as long.

That course is really nice as expected. Kind of a quirky setup, but I dig that. The US Open should be played at places this unique.

Enjoy.
\

The superintendent just came on 'Live From..' and said they have a system on their greens where, even if they get plenty of rain, they can turn the system on and the greens will get 'really hard, really fast.' Might not be as slow as one would think. I like that they mowed the rough, but it will still get pretty long by week's end.

The superintendent just came on 'Live From..' and said they have a system on their greens where, even if they get plenty of rain, they can turn the system on and the greens will get 'really hard, really fast.' Might not be as slow as one would think. I like that they mowed the rough, but it will still get pretty long by week's end.

I think Augusta has something like that. Pretty cool.

The mud balls from the fairway are gonna be the issue.

That's true. The players keep doing interviews dropping statements like "I hope a mud ball doesn't decide the tournament.' to try to get them to put lift, clean and place into effect - something that can be filed under 'ain't gonna happen.'

That's true. The players keep doing interviews dropping statements like "I hope a mud ball doesn't decide the tournament.' to try to get them to put lift, clean and place into effect - something that can be filed under 'ain't gonna happen.'

Yea this isn't the Honda Classic. Won't get much love from the USGA.

Should be interesting with all the short Par 4's and the rain, it should be a birdie fest

The science involved in the engineering process of some of these greens these courses have are amazing. Cooling systems, air dry systems, ect...Its incredible.

This aint just going our and digging a new hole and mowing some Bermuda grass real low.

If this course and setup was in TN, we would be getting blasted for being dumbass rednecks. Practice range, then get on a bus? Registration for players in somebody's house? What a joke.

If the anchored putter makes no difference, why did Tim Clark say his career would've been over without it, and will end when its banned?
Actually, they just explained why. He has some issue with his hands and wrists not being able to supinate.
He's short, has a hand/wrist condition and is a pga pro. That's incredible.

If the anchored putter makes no difference, why did Tim Clark say his career would've been over without it, and will end when its banned?
Actually, they just explained why. He has some issue with his hands and wrists not being able to supinate.
He's short, has a hand/wrist condition and is a pga pro. That's incredible.

I find it odd he can swing a regular club though with the same issues.

I find it odd he can swing a regular club though with the same issues.

Somewhat jokingly, it may be a benefit if he can't cup hinge. If his left hand is forced to stay flat at the top of the swing, it may not be a bad thing. I am going to try and watch some of his swings and try to see something.

looks to me like Clark's left hand stays flat throughout the swing. Does everyone's? I think mine hinges or cups about 10 different times, and a couple more on the downswing.

Why? He's +1 thru 4 holes.

He didn't start out well, looked pissed, just came off a big score recently and is shaking his left wrist. The rough is thick and if he thinks he may be in it a bunch, he may not want to swing at it.

Either that or it was some Tiger drama for the camera.

In the last thirty minutes we've learned that for Tiger putting well comes down to speed. If he doesnt have the right speed, he's not making putts.

That's earth shattering. I'm glad no one else has that issue.

It was followed up with "already with a couple of three putts today. When Tiger's winning championships, he's not making three putts."

Who is winning championships with lots of three putts?

What did he eat for breakfast?
What kind of toothpaste does he use?
Boxers or briefs?
How does he like his steak?
What are his kids' favorite games?

Fantastic. I was tempted to find the most random golfer in the Open and do a hole by hole synopsis

VN Store

Back