***The Official US Open Thread***

Probably because he's mysterious about everything?

There is that.

I get that he's intensely private and I don't blame him. I just don't get what there is to be private about. He acted like he was being questioned about a sex change operation.

I used to love the Reilly piece at the back of SI each week, but since he's moved to ESPN, he's become unbearable to listen to or watch.

I think dooz is saying Berman and Reilly are alike in the fact that everyone knows they are douchebags except themselves.

So you don't think he is hurt?

who knows how much is the question. If he goes on a tear today and gets momentum, you won't see wincing.
I have trouble with my elbows, so I know the sting you can get if you have some tendonitis or golfers elbow. I have golfers elbow on the inside of my right arm, and I wear one of those old man bands around my arm to take the pressure off the nerve. Now, I have lateral epicondilitis on my left elbow, which I think occurred when I was going through a bad spell and holding onto my swing through impact. Repeatedly doing that caused me an issue.
I imagine a lot of guys out there are hurting in some form or fashion. Probably anyone over 30.

US Open, golf's annual freak show. I'm surprised the greens aren't 16 1/2" tall & paintball snipers laying low in the brush

It borders on being a complete joke every single year. I watch, but I don't enjoy seeing the best golfers on the planet reduced to seeing who can make the most 10 footers for par.

It borders on being a complete joke every single year. I watch, but I don't enjoy seeing the best golfers on the planet reduced to seeing who can make the most 10 footers for par.

I asked this question on another site and was lambasted by a couple of aholes, called stupid and dumb. Per the norm.
GA, what is so special about this course? Trevino's snake at Jack? It's old? Somebody give me something besides "I should like it because it's old and some golf history was made there, and everybody else says its awesome". That's great for @ 5 minutes of reflection, but what about golf.
No par 5's after hole 4. A SW par 3. And 240 yd par 3's are stupid, imo. Players having wedge in on their 2nd shot all day, and none of them even have a driver in the bag.
I don't know. Looks like sardine golf to me. You can narrow any muni course, grow up the rough, and make it a pain in the ass.
jmo of course. I can understand why people like the history because golf is about history. I just need more than that I guess.

I asked this question on another site and was lambasted by a couple of aholes, called stupid and dumb. Per the norm.
GA, what is so special about this course? Trevino's snake at Jack? It's old? Somebody give me something besides "I should like it because it's old and some golf history was made there, and everybody else says its awesome". That's great for @ 5 minutes of reflection, but what about golf.
No par 5's after hole 4. A SW par 3. And 240 yd par 3's are stupid, imo. Players having wedge in on their 2nd shot all day, and none of them even have a driver in the bag.
I don't know. Looks like sardine golf to me. You can narrow any muni course, grow up the rough, and make it a pain in the ass.
jmo of course. I can understand why people like the history because golf is about history. I just need more than that I guess.

Please describe, in detail, your ideal golf course for hosting a US Open. We need to know where you'd put the par 3s, 4s and 5s and the length of each hole. Would there be a second cut in the fairways? Please also include all 4 days of pin placements as well.

And least you realize it.

man, you are the typical overreactor. I ask a question to get some debate and you act like a punk jackass trying to impress your buddies.

Go ahead and be a sheep by loving the course because you are supposed to. I on the other hand, ask for golfers and those that know the game to explain to me why I am supposed to like it. That's too much for you to handle, so you respond by calling someone stupid and dumb because they pose the question.
You like it because Jones finished his grand slam and Trevino through a snake at Jack in the 70's. That's great.

Please describe, in detail, your ideal golf course for hosting a US Open. We need to know where you'd put the par 3s, 4s and 5s and the length of each hole. Would there be a second cut in the fairways? Please also include all 4 days of pin placements as well.

wtf. I ask a question and your response is for me to build you a golf course?

Take your meds man. You are off a little. You have yet to have one answer, yet continue to make fun of the question.

VN Store

Back