The Official Vandy @ Tennessee Series Thread (4/21 6PM EST SEC NETWORK) (4/22 Noon EST ESPN2) (4/23 1PM EST ESPN2)

Blake & Jared will be executing double steals, while Corbin runs around looking at bat sticker expiration dates.

CTV will out-fox the candygurls
I, for one, loathe & despise the vandie commode-doors. George Cafego, please let your spirit be with the Vols Baseball team this weekend as the enemy is savaged in Knoxville. We need a clean SWEEP.:cool:

Attachments

• George Cafego on vandie.png
    George Cafego on vandie.png
    744 KB · Views: 1
Nashville area papers' headlines are touting this as Vandy's chance to boot us out of the post-season. They will be salivating ...over not a lifeless corpus, I hope.

tenor.gif

It is time to silence the Vanderbilt whistlers.

The whistlers have been absent from Vandy games this year. Or at least they have not been at the games I have watched. This is the weekend our run to the National Title begins. This is the exact week Ole Miss began their run last year, week 6 of conference play coming off a terrible mid week butt kicking. I say the big 3 start pitching like they were supposed to and we take off and do not stop till hoistng the trophy in Omaha. Vandy bats are starting to scuffle, we put them to sleep this weekend. If we score 4 runs a game it's over.

The whistlers have been absent from Vandy games this year. Or at least they have not been at the games I have watched. This is the weekend our run to the National Title begins. This is the exact week Ole Miss began their run last year, week 6 of conference play coming off a terrible mid week butt kicking. I say the big 3 start pitching like they were supposed to and we take off and do not stop till hoistng the trophy in Omaha. Vandy bats are starting to scuffle, we put them to sleep this weekend. If we score 4 runs a game it's over.
The Whistler died now they clap only

I'd also like to know if the rotation is the same. Guessing it will be. Lindsey pitched well and so did Dollander. At some point, this team HAS to pick up its pitching.

I've taken the approach all year that we're fine as long as we get it together by the postseason, but we're starting to tread into the possibility of not making the postseason. We don't need to win this series, but we need to avoid a sweep. Given the strength of the SEC, we can make the NCAAT without winning all or even most of our remaining series', but we can't keep getting swept.

I'd also like to know if the rotation is the same. Guessing it will be. Lindsey pitched well and so did Dollander. At some point, this team HAS to pick up its pitching.

I've taken the approach all year that we're fine as long as we get it together by the postseason, but we're starting to tread into the possibility of not making the postseason. We don't need to win this series, but we need to avoid a sweep. Given the strength of the SEC, we can make the NCAAT without winning all or even most of our remaining series', but we can't keep getting swept.
I think the rotation remains the same. You made a point about pitching picking up and I agree. It's the only thing we can hang our hopes on. Batting and defense are what they are, but we know the pitchers can do better. They need those guys to carry us. I'd tell them to relax and just pitch. Don't worry about being perfect. If the defense craps the bed, so be it. We've got depth to help with the high pitch counts so just relax and do your thing. Mizzou is still haunting me though. And for all the talk about the midweek loss being no big deal, look at what it did to our RPI. We're in a hole and yet, we keep digging. Still say we need to go with youth and bats. Know Tony V won't give up on his older players who've waited their turn, but I'm not Tony V. Loyalty cuts both ways. If he's got their back, the players need to have his and bust their a$$es for him, too. If they aren't, loyalty be darned and play the kids. The old saying is that you don't lose with veteran players comes to mind. Yeah, I know there could be long term recruiting ramifications, but come on. There has to be a limit to how far you go with some of these guys, right?

Right on the money. It's rarely a good situation when pitchers believe they have to throw a shutout because there seems to be little support from their fielders or batters. I hoped that the game three results in both the LSU and Florida series would get the bats going, but it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully, they can get up for Vandy and the presence of those hideous pin-striped excuses for uniforms.

At least that’s what I remembered reading. But who knows. Probably is false. Can’t believe anything you read anymore. Ha.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
There have been two whistlers. One of them passed away in February (Jeff Pack). The other (Preacher Franklin) is still going….
My wife, a former Vandie employee, still has season tickets to vandie bb games. She assures me that Pack is still alive (his son has A.L.S. so he's missed some games). It's "the Preacher", whistler #2 who died. She's seen & heard him several times this season. Incidentally, both of us are huge Tennessee fans. She said that at a recent game they held a "moment of silence" for the Preacher.

My wife, a former Vandie employee, still has season tickets to vandie bb games. She assures me that Pack is still alive (his son has A.L.S. so he's missed some games). It's "the Preacher", whistler #2 who died. She's seen & heard him several times this season. Incidentally, both of us are huge Tennessee fans. She said that at a recent game they held a "moment of silence" for the Preacher.

Hopefully this isn’t too crass, but it does seem ironic to hold a moment of silence for the whistler…

VN Store

Back