The Offseason Thread

Daily News saying Seattle and Cano were in agreement for 9/$225 and Cano camp demanded 10 years at last minute. Mariners CEO got up and left the meeting.

Maybe I just don't see it, but Cano isn't worth that kind of money. No one playing baseball is in reality, but my point is that there have been more valuable free agents this offseason than him, imo. Maybe, I'm just not drinking from the same koolaid. But if Seattle on some other club wants to waste that money and time than more power to them.

I don't think he's worth it. He's not a fan drawer at all.

So you don't think he's worth $130 million MORE than Dustin Pedroia? Just unbelievable the money being thrown around.

random but i've always wanted to see what Ivan Nova could do in the NL in a friendly park. Same with Hughes.

Anyone heard what type of deal it would take to get Kemp from the Dodgers? What are the chances he is moved?

just summing up some mlbTR chatter:

Trumbo trade talks happ'nin... DBacks want him. This move could cause Shin-Soo chips to fall, or vice versa.

Some ChiSox/Headley whispers happening. I still wonder if the Yankees are a sleeper for Headley.

Nationals apparently shopping Espinosa. (would personally be surprised if he was moved)

Whispers of Clippard or Storen interest from the Cubs; Nate Schierholtz was named as a possible target.

Logan Morrison trade seems imminent. Feel like the Rays would take a shot on him, though reports state the Rays haven't been involved.

I hope the Braves don't get Chris Sale because I don't know if there are enough hugs to give Bryce Harper in that situation.

Royals in the mix for Bonifacio or Infante.

just summing up some mlbTR chatter:

Trumbo trade talks happ'nin... DBacks want him. This move could cause Shin-Soo chips to fall, or vice versa.

Three-way deal between AZ/LAA/CWS

Trumbo to AZ, Adam Eaton to CWS, Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago to LAA.

Looks like this deal happened. Good on the Angels to get some pitching help.

This either makes one worry about Eaton as a player or shows that the DBacks have faith in Pollock and you have to pay to play.

Trumbo at the plate last season was a similar hitter to David Murphy, Nate Schierholtz, and Josh Hamilton, but was one of the better bats in the league against LHPs (925 OPS) (awful against righties... 685 OPS).

Last edited:
A's trade a young, oft-injured pitcher with lots of hope for another even younger, oft-injured pitcher with lots of hope. Makes zero sense. They A's made an already good bullpen fantastic, but they still haven't found the consistent bat they need, yet everyone is raving about their winter work. This team still loses the Divisional Series.

VN Store

Back