The Offseason Thread

A's trade a young, oft-injured pitcher with lots of hope for another even younger, oft-injured pitcher with lots of hope. Makes zero sense. They A's made an already good bullpen fantastic, but they still haven't found the consistent bat they need, yet everyone is raving about their winter work. This team still loses the Divisional Series.

Has to do with 4 years of pomeranz and 1 year of Anderson. We have control of Pomeranz longer.

not my point. We traded a starter we didn't need for another starter we didn't need.

We'll need Pomeranz. Remember how many people start games through out the year? I agree with you that we need a hitter. We need a hitter very badly.

We'll need Pomeranz. Remember how many people start games through out the year? I agree with you that we need a hitter. We need a hitter very badly.

The A's starting rotation:

1. Sonny Gray
2. Scott Kazmir
3. Jarrod Parker
4. AJ Griffin
5. Dan Straily

6. Tommy Milone
7. Thomas Pomeranz
8. Michael Ynoa
9. Josh Lindlbom
10. Pedro Figueroa
11. Raul Alcantara by next summer if an emergency happens

What does all that above this mean? No, they didn't need another starter. The A's have plenty of pitchers, and plenty that can start. There was NO need to pick up Pomeranz. Now they've picked up another worthless .250 avg outfielder who brings nothing new to the table in bringing Corey Brown back to Oakland.

Fwiw his name is Drew Pomeranz.. And it's possible he'll be a left bullpen piece.

Fwiw his name is Drew Pomeranz.. And it's possible he'll be a left bullpen piece.

it's Thomas Andrew Pomeranz. Whatever.

They have even more Lefty relief pitchers than they do potential starting pitchers.

Yeah he's Drew. He's a left handed hurler, not the president elect.

I don't care if his first name is Lucy. The A's have plenty of starters and plenty of lefties (If Milone and Pomeranz both work out of the pen the A's will have 6 lefties in the pen). If a sixth starter is needed, Milone will beat out Pomeranz.

It baffles me how the big concern throughout the season was a consistent hitter to help all the dominant pitching. Suddenly it's the off season and everything is about how the A's fixed their holes by adding more pitching. Doesn't make sense in my head quite honestly.

In Former Oakland A news, Grant Balfour's deal with the O's is in jeopardy due to concerns from the physical. It seems he didn't "fail" it, but it wasn't as good as the O's have hoped. MLB reporting the O's might be willing to offer a lesser contract to still sign him.

In Former Oakland A news, Grant Balfour's deal with the O's is in jeopardy due to concerns from the physical. It seems he didn't "fail" it, but it wasn't as good as the O's have hoped. MLB reporting the O's might be willing to offer a lesser contract to still sign him.

We'll take him back. No such thing as too many.

BREAKING: Tanaka to #Yankees, seven years, $155M, opt-out after fourth year.

From Rosenthal.

VN Store

Back