The only way we lose to Oklahoma

#1n51&98

VFL
Is if the stage is to big for Nico . If the stage is not to big for Nico , we win by 3 or 4 touchdowns.
Game day on campus , night game , Oklahoma's first ever SEC game , arguably the best game thus far , with the entire college football world watching . Venables will stack the box , play man coverage and throw everything he's got at our young QB , In an attempt to Rattle him and cause turnovers.
Us Vol fans already know how incredibly talented Nico is , Saturday night in Norman Oklahoma we will find out how mentally and physically tough he is .
Go Vols !!! All of Volnation is behind you !!! Put on more steam !!!

I disagree. Nico doesn’t have to ball out to win this game in my opinion. On the other hand, he can’t make young QB mistakes and cost us the game. I think if he can have a respectable 200+ yard game with no silly turnovers we can run the ball and win the game. I don’t expect a huge game for Nico for his first real test in Norman. Hope I’m proved wrong.

Is if the stage is to big for Nico . If the stage is not to big for Nico , we win by 3 or 4 touchdowns.
Game day on campus , night game , Oklahoma's first ever SEC game , arguably the best game thus far , with the entire college football world watching . Venables will stack the box , play man coverage and throw everything he's got at our young QB , In an attempt to Rattle him and cause turnovers.
Us Vol fans already know how incredibly talented Nico is , Saturday night in Norman Oklahoma we will find out how mentally and physically tough he is .
Love Nico, but some of you Vols fans talk too much. You basically put a bigger target on the guy. All it takes is either a malicious or accidental hit to mess him up. Baseball is a game of inches, football is a game of collisions. And that doesn't even mention the ever-increasing calls and non-calls of referees. Some of who even seem to have a vendetta against the Vols. Here's a non-Vol incident that illustrates the BS officials get away with these days.

Would be a mistake to play a lot of man against Nico. We'll run 4 verticals and either get something big over the top or he'll break contain and scramble for 30 with the DBs backs to LOS. We're a matchup nightmare. Got the horses to go everything from 13 personnel to 5 wides and everything in between:)

I disagree. Nico doesn’t have to ball out to win this game in my opinion. On the other hand, he can’t make young QB mistakes and cost us the game. I think if he can have a respectable 200+ yard game with no silly turnovers we can run the ball and win the game. I don’t expect a huge game for Nico for his first real test in Norman. Hope I’m proved wrong.
Bingo. If we don't turn the ball over and let OK play on short fields, I think we win, whether close or not. We will probably stall out a few times on offense, but Nico just has to be patient and not make mistakes that change the game. Ultimately, we keep playing solid D, and no turnovers, we'll hit on some big plays/drives.

Would be a mistake to play a lot of man against Nico. We'll run 4 verticals and either get something big over the top or he'll break contain and scramble for 30 with the DBs backs to LOS. We're a matchup nightmare. Got the horses to go everything from 13 personnel to 5 wides and everything in between:)
We looked great in two scrimmages and a neutral sight game , it's the stage and the fact that he is a relatively untested redshirt freshman OB , that will be under an enormous amount of pressure. I hope he's geared for it , but in all honesty we don't know yet .

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
I’m with you. He didn’t exactly light the world on fire against NC St. If I remember correctly, he struggled a little early in that game until the defense took over.

Bingo. If we don't turn the ball over and let OK play on short fields, I think we win, whether close or not. We will probably stall out a few times on offense, but Nico just has to be patient and not make mistakes that change the game. Ultimately, we keep playing solid D, and no turnovers, we'll hit on some big plays/drives.
So basically, the opposite of Will Levis?

What if the running backs fumble three times and Oklahoma recovers? Man, there is a bunch of ways to lose a football game outside of QB play.

Ga. will absolutely play us man and probably Al. also.

Reactions: CSVol and #1n51&98
Wrong. Nico could play a great game and we still lose. How? Our defense and coaching could be underwhelming. When are people gonna stop with games coming down to QB play?

Reactions: MemphisVol77
There is somewhat of a pattern of more than the usual pre-snap penalties for the Vols in road games. I will be watching that for sure. If UT struggles with pre-snap penalties / penalties overall . . . And loses the turnover battle . . . They will likely lose the game UNLESS Nico balls out to bail them out.

Nico is the Magic 8 Ball.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 4.27.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 4.27.12 PM.png
    707.4 KB · Views: 0
Vols by 2+ scores

Love Nico, but some of you Vols fans talk too much. You basically put a bigger target on the guy. All it takes is either a malicious or accidental hit to mess him up. Baseball is a game of inches, football is a game of collisions. And that doesn't even mention the ever-increasing calls and non-calls of referees. Some of who even seem to have a vendetta against the Vols. Here's a non-Vol incident that illustrates the BS officials get away with these days.

I cringed every time Nico ran the ball against Kent State .

I really don’t think Nico needs to put up amazing stats in this game. Our OL is athletic, mean and bad tempered and I can’t remember a time since the 90’s when we’ve had this many playmakers in all 3 phases of the game. 275 yards passing and 200 yards rushing probably gets us a 14+ point victory.

Reactions: #1n51&98
I expect Oklahoma to play us similar to the way UGA has played us the last two years. CBV is a good coach. He’ll have a good defensive plan. I expect us to win but I believe it will be our defense that will win it for us.

The only way Tennessee loses this game is if the rushing attack is bottled up.

VN Store

Back