The only way we lose to Oklahoma

Saw a comparison of the 2 teams and it said OK's D is 2nd in SEC avg 11 sacks a game. I don't know if that's a typo or not. Said their DC is very aggressive and they will be coming for Nico on every play. Pretty sure Josh will dial up some quick outs and Nico roll-outs for this.

Reactions: #1n51&98
Saw a comparison of the 2 teams and it said OK's D is 2nd in SEC avg 11 sacks a game. I don't know if that's a typo or not. Said their DC is very aggressive and they will be coming for Nico on every play. Pretty sure Josh will dial up some quick outs and Nico roll-outs for this.
That's 11 sacks in 3 games for OU. OU's D is ranked 8th Total D in the SEC

1726756217571.png

Last edited:
OU struggled with Tulane on both sides of the ball. For those of you thinking this will be close, so you're saying we're like Tulane? I see us being light years from Tulane and the Sooners collect a behind the Waffle House curb stomping straight out of the Tennessee hills. Vols win by 17 or more.

The Vols are going to have to fight hard for every first down on offense and every stop on defense. I will be shocked if this game goes like most people seem to think. If the Vols escape Norman with a win it will be a huge achievement. Some fans are drunk on overconfidence (no offense, I understand why).

So basically, the opposite of Will Levis?
What er ya talking about? 🤣

National Football League GIF by NFL

OU struggled with Tulane on both sides of the ball. For those of you thinking this will be close, so you're saying we're like Tulane? I see us being light years from Tulane and the Sooners collect a behind the Waffle House curb stomping straight out of the Tennessee hills. Vols win by 17 or more.
The Vols won’t get the same OU team or crowd that Tulane faced. Not even close to the same.

I'm very interested to see how OU approaches the defensive side of the ball. So far everyone we've played has kept a pretty light box trying to prevent the big play. So, does OU with the best DL we've faced so far try to disrupt with their 4 DL and hope they get it done or do they put more in the box, shutdown the run, and force Nico to win in the passing game and try to create a lot of pressure on him? I lean toward the latter on OU's approach. If you don't stop the run game you cannot stop the Tenn offense.

I'm also concerned a little about the passing game. Either our WR's have not been getting open as much as we like to think or Nico is struggling with some reads after his first option or two are not there. That's been something I've noticed in the last two games. All I know is I'm ready for the talk about this game to end and let's f'n go.

I'm very interested to see how OU approaches the defensive side of the ball. So far everyone we've played has kept a pretty light box trying to prevent the big play. So, does OU with the best DL we've faced so far try to disrupt with their 4 DL and hope they get it done or do they put more in the box, shutdown the run, and force Nico to win in the passing game and try to create a lot of pressure on him? I lean toward the latter on OU's approach. If you don't stop the run game you cannot stop the Tenn offense.

I'm also concerned a little about the passing game. Either our WR's have not been getting open as much as we like to think or Nico is struggling with some reads after his first option or two are not there. That's been something I've noticed in the last two games. All I know is I'm ready for the talk about this game to end and let's f'n go.
Valid concerns on the passing game. Everyone remembers the TD throws but there have been several passes that were off or dangerous. Also the OL hasn’t held off the rush at all times against weak opponents. I heard an OU radio analyst say that Venables is going to take away the run, TN won’t run on OU. We’ll see. This is going to be a very different game than what people expect.

Last edited:
Is if the stage is to big for Nico . If the stage is not to big for Nico , we win by 3 or 4 touchdowns.
Game day on campus , night game , Oklahoma's first ever SEC game , arguably the best game thus far , with the entire college football world watching . Venables will stack the box , play man coverage and throw everything he's got at our young QB , In an attempt to Rattle him and cause turnovers.
Us Vol fans already know how incredibly talented Nico is , Saturday night in Norman Oklahoma we will find out how mentally and physically tough he is .
Go Vols !!! All of Volnation is behind you !!! Put on more steam !!!
I don't like this take at all. There are dozens of ways to lose this game and trying to put it all on the shoulders of one player is way, way off.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Love Nico, but some of you Vols fans talk too much. You basically put a bigger target on the guy. All it takes is either a malicious or accidental hit to mess him up. Baseball is a game of inches, football is a game of collisions. And that doesn't even mention the ever-increasing calls and non-calls of referees. Some of who even seem to have a vendetta against the Vols. Here's a non-Vol incident that illustrates the BS officials get away with these days.

Good ole SEC officials. Bama just wouldn't be Bama without them.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I’m with you. He didn’t exactly light the world on fire against NC St. If I remember correctly, he struggled a little early in that game until the defense took over.
Nico did fine against Nancy State.

7-0 early, up 17 at halftime.

I doubt that we hang 66 on Oklahoma, but I predict a comfy win for the Vols.

One thing that worries me, This is a road game vs a ranked opponent. In true road games vs ranked opponents since Josh Heupel's arrival, he is 4-5 getting outscored 266-294. If we lose this game it will not be because of Nico, it will be because of 3 factors.

1.) Its a night game in Norman
2.) OU's defense has bottled up the TN run game
3.) Our defense cant dominate the 109th ranked offense

Is if the stage is to big for Nico . If the stage is not to big for Nico , we win by 3 or 4 touchdowns.
Game day on campus , night game , Oklahoma's first ever SEC game , arguably the best game thus far , with the entire college football world watching . Venables will stack the box , play man coverage and throw everything he's got at our young QB , In an attempt to Rattle him and cause turnovers.
Us Vol fans already know how incredibly talented Nico is , Saturday night in Norman Oklahoma we will find out how mentally and physically tough he is .

So far everything I've seen ther coaches have said is that he very mentally tough and when he threw the pick in the NC state game he came back poised and looked unflustered.

Reactions: #1n51&98
Do you realize Nico has been on campus for 21 months? Wasn’t long ago a freshman had been on campus for 3 months at this point in the season. He was vetted and hired by one of the premier coaches of qb’s in college football who has been training him for 21 months. If he’s not ready by now then he’s not the super talent everyone perceives him to be.

VOLS 40-16
This is also only his 4th start and his first road game at a non neutral site, in front of a hostile crowd. Just because he's been on campus for 21 months doesn't make him a veteran. He's still a young kid and nerves are a real thing.

So no way it could be that our opponent has a lot of talent, playing at home, at night with a redshirt freshman QB that’s also extremely talented (ranked right behind Nico). Has, by most accounts, a great defense with an elite defensive minded coach as head coach. Plus they are getting a couple injured guys back. No way they could put it all together this week and beat us, it’s only if the moment is too big for Nico. I get what you’re saying and I like your confidence but lots of UT fans are acting like we are taking a weekend trip to play Vandy. This is Oklahoma. A team with a lot of talent that went 10-3 with a win over Texas last season. I think we win but I’m not naive enough to think we just walk in and crush them (which could happen).

VN Store

Back