The only way we lose to Oklahoma

I disagree. Nico doesn’t have to ball out to win this game in my opinion. On the other hand, he can’t make young QB mistakes and cost us the game. I think if he can have a respectable 200+ yard game with no silly turnovers we can run the ball and win the game. I don’t expect a huge game for Nico for his first real test in Norman. Hope I’m proved wrong.
I worry about turnovers and I would expect OU to be trying to rip out the football, otherwise you can turn out the lights. OK, so it takes us 3 minutes to score instead of two, after all, it is the SEC.

Love Nico, but some of you Vols fans talk too much. You basically put a bigger target on the guy. All it takes is either a malicious or accidental hit to mess him up. Baseball is a game of inches, football is a game of collisions. And that doesn't even mention the ever-increasing calls and non-calls of referees. Some of who even seem to have a vendetta against the Vols. Here's a non-Vol incident that illustrates the BS officials get away with these days.

Speaking of talk too much. Lol.

I disagree. Nico doesn’t have to ball out to win this game in my opinion. On the other hand, he can’t make young QB mistakes and cost us the game. I think if he can have a respectable 200+ yard game with no silly turnovers we can run the ball and win the game. I don’t expect a huge game for Nico for his first real test in Norman. Hope I’m proved wrong.
This is where I’m at as well. We just need to avoid catastrophic mistakes. Think we could survive an interception or two just don’t combine it with sack fumbles. Unless OU’s offense get dramatically better we can run the ball and play the field position game to win

This all day.

If we rush for over 200 and win the turnover battle, game over.

If we throw a couple of picks and lose a fumble, we most likely lose.

I don’t anticipate Nico having 300 plus oassing yards this season. Oklahoma had a strong defense so punting won’t be the end of the world.

If our defense plays well then we will be okay. Oklahoma will score but not more than 24.

Nico is a freshman. This will not be his best year at Tennessee. We're very hopeful that it is adequate or even really good, but it will not be his best year---he's a freshman QB!
Do you realize Nico has been on campus for 21 months? Wasn’t long ago a freshman had been on campus for 3 months at this point in the season. He was vetted and hired by one of the premier coaches of qb’s in college football who has been training him for 21 months. If he’s not ready by now then he’s not the super talent everyone perceives him to be.

VOLS 40-16

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is what some rando had to say about why we lose to OU. Thoughts?
View attachment 678292View attachment 678293
This guy writes worse than me and that's hard to do lol . I didn't care for their tasteless zingers and one liners they threw in there . I do think they made some valid points though. I think Nico holds it together and the good guys win 31-17 and 10 of Oklahoma's points come off of turnovers . It's Thursday morning and I'm so fired up , I can't sleep . I can't even begin to imagine how fired up our team is .

Only way we lose is if we beat ourselves too much. Can’t have have several drive killing penalties and turnover. We’re good enough to deal with a couple of them and still win but can’t make a habit outta it.

Did everbody hear about and see the replays of officiating last week? Since we have the edge rushers, I think it's going to be the officiating that hurts us the most. It looked to me like you can't even tackle the QB from the way they were calling it. So, you make a great play and give the other team a first down and possibly get kicked out of the game. We're heading towards flag football.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
This is Okie's Super Bowl until they get Texas, which they KNOW they ain't got a shot at. They are putting everything into this basket. Tennessee just has to weather the storm of the Crowd noise & match Okie's intensity; get the lead, and then dictate from there. Okie can't hide behind that crowd for 4 quarters. "The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win".

Can Oklahoma stop the vol running game without stacking the box, that's the key! If they can't and have to bring in additional hats they will be lit up. Their defense is legit good, this game is gonna be a classic. GBO

Nico is a freshman. This will not be his best year at Tennessee. We're very hopeful that it is adequate or even really good, but it will not be his best year---he's a freshman QB!
Agree, but this could be the best UT team he is on. Not a certainty, but the mix of young talent, experience, and depth on this year's team looks special.

VN Store

Back