The other pandemic

wmcovol

Last week, $800,000 of fentanyl was found during a routine traffic stop on I-40 here in Tennesssee. It was enough to kill thousands of people. The driver of the truck was from El Paso, Tx. Little wonder where it came from, right? Who knows how much makes it in without getting caught?

Today’s drug pandemic is killing hundreds of young people every day but we don’t seem to care about it. It’s shocking how many under 40 obituaries there are today. Many are drug overdoses, suicides, other drug related causes.

This is a war America must fight and do everything it can to secure our country against this invasion. We know it’s not easy, but we’re not fighting at all now.

Last week, $800,000 of fentanyl was found during a routine traffic stop on I-40 here in Tennesssee. It was enough to kill thousands of people. The driver of the truck was from El Paso, Tx. Little wonder where it came from, right? Who knows how much makes it in without getting caught?

Today’s drug pandemic is killing hundreds of young people every day but we don’t seem to care about it. It’s shocking how many under 40 obituaries there are today. Many are drug overdoses, suicides, other drug related causes.

This is a war America must fight and do everything it can to secure our country against this invasion. We know it’s not easy, but we’re not fighting at all now.

Its almost like they are allowing it in the streets...

I'm going to keep pounding this table until you people finally get it in your heads. They have been using the black community as the lab rats for decades. Breaking up the families, fatherless homes, abortion, drugs,... Now white people/the larger American society is under the gun. And it is so obvious. Instead of us at each other's throats, we need to be coming together and going after the people in charge of this system. Unfortunately, I think we have too many blacks that are irreconcilable and have no desire to team up and far too many white folks that would rather hold their heads in the sand and not acknowledge there is a problem at all.... as long as it doesn't affect their immediate family, they don't care.

These people have destroyed the country from the inside, and nobody is going to put up a fight.

Last edited:

The leftist solution is to legalize it and then build thousands of detox/rehab centers.

Rather it be spent on rehab than prisons

Rather it not be spent at all. Knowing you've got .gov to take care of you is no deterrent to abstaining. It will be a revolving door of endless rehab instead of a revolving door in the judicial system.

Also, unless the .gov is paying for their opium of choice, the crime generated to support their habits will still be there. Many of the drug related incarcerations are not just for the drugs but crimes surrounding the use.

Reactions: AM64
Wherever you stand on the "war on drugs," legalization, etc, I hope we can all agree that stopping the mass influx of fentanyl and heroin at the southern border should be a priority. That's some nasty, nasty freak-dangerous stuff.

Isn’t China the big pusher of this stuff? It’s probably a huge reason they are in a rush to get in Afghanistan and recognize the Taliban. If we think we have a problem now, watch what happens in the next few years as this stuff really gets pushed into the US.

Isn’t China the big pusher of this stuff? It’s probably a huge reason they are in a rush to get in Afghanistan and recognize the Taliban. If we think we have a problem now, watch what happens in the next few years as this stuff really gets pushed into the US.

Biden appears to agree with this plan by his action of keeping the border wide open.

Rather it not be spent at all. Knowing you've got .gov to take care of you is no deterrent to abstaining. It will be a revolving door of endless rehab instead of a revolving door in the judicial system.

Also, unless the .gov is paying for their opium of choice, the crime generated to support their habits will still be there. Many of the drug related incarcerations are not just for the drugs but crimes surrounding the use.

I too would rather no tax dollars be spent on it but we both know that those dollars are going to be spent, I think rehab is a better investment than prisons.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I too would rather no tax dollars be spent on it but we both know that those dollars are going to be spent, I think rehab is a better investment than prisons.
To be honest I think they're the same thing. I guess I'm just cynical. Having been the victim of numerous crimes where drugs and the insatiable need to get them was the root cause.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
To be honest I think they're the same thing. I guess I'm just cynical. Having been the victim of numerous crimes where drugs and the insatiable need to get them was the root cause.

I completely understand but we've been fighting drugs for how many decades now and it seems to only be getting worse. IMO it's time for a different approach.

I completely understand but we've been fighting drugs for how many decades now and it seems to only be getting worse. IMO it's time for a different approach.
I would be interested to see the statistics of those incarcerated solely for drug possession as opposed to those that had other charges like theft or robbery.

I agree the war on drugs has been a waste. I just think we let addicts either pay for their own rehad or let them be.

I would be interested to see the statistics of those incarcerated solely for drug possession as opposed to those that had other charges like theft or robbery.

I agree the war on drugs has been a waste. I just think we let addicts either pay for their own rehad or let them be.

I've seen first hand how the slippery slope works. Guy gets busted for possession (he was dealing pot), pleads to a felony to avoid jail time, can't find work, lost everything he owned, slides into hard drugs and is now in prison for armed robbery.

I'm not talking about the buying of the drugs. And not all addicts commit crimes outside of the crime of purchasing and possession.
There are 40-50 addicts a day in Knoxville alone brought to jail or hospital for committing crimes. Public intoxication. Trespassing. Theft. Assault. Suicidal ideations. That’s not even counting the additional 20-30 daily just gettting narcan by EMTs. You have no idea what a menace they are to society as a whole.

VN Store

Back