The other pandemic

I've seen first hand how the slippery slope works. Guy gets busted for possession (he was dealing pot), pleads to a felony to avoid jail time, can't find work, lost everything he owned, slides into hard drugs and is now in prison for armed robbery.
You have it backwards. More like someone gets simple possession ticket for marijuana and a pipe and eventually moves on to harder drugs and doesn’t recover. And gets arrested 30-40 times for all sorts of crimes

You have it backwards. More like someone gets simple possession ticket for marijuana and a pipe and eventually moves on to harder drugs and doesn’t recover. And gets arrested 30-40 times for all sorts of crimes

So you agree that the current system isn't working. We cannot incarcerate our way out of drug problems.

So you agree that the current system isn't working. We cannot incarcerate our way out of drug problems.
So what do you propose. You can’t force addicts to get help and legalizing hard drugs doesn’t solve the societal damage

Reactions: AM64
So what do you propose. You can’t force addicts to get help and legalizing hard drugs doesn’t solve the societal damage

Incarceration doesn't solve the societal damage either.

Legalize, sell like booze. Incarcerate for property, assault, robbery (actual crimes) ext, allow emergency narcan once per person and then let the rough side drag.

Incarceration doesn't solve the societal damage either.

Legalize, sell like booze. Incarcerate for property, assault, robbery (actual crimes) ext, allow emergency narcan once per person and then let the rough side drag.
Do you consider trespassing, public intoxication, vandalizing and disrupting businesses, urinating in the middle of the roadway, passed out in restaurants with syringes in your arms, broken syringes in your yard, seeing monsters and wanting to jump off parking garages and stealing everything not nailed down as actual crimes?

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1
Do you consider trespassing, public intoxication, vandalizing and disrupting businesses, urinating in the middle of the roadway, passed out in restaurants with syringes in your arms, broken syringes in your yard, seeing monsters and wanting to jump off parking garages and stealing everything not nailed down as actual crimes?

Yeah, arrest them.

Ricky you are a hammer and everything looks like a nail to you.

Reactions: DinkinFlicka
Rather than sentencing them to prison where they do hard time, sentence them to specially designed rehab facilities where their only ticket out is actual rehabilitation. Maybe minimum security facilities could be converted into rehab centers for incarcerated individuals.

Wherever you stand on the "war on drugs," legalization, etc, I hope we can all agree that stopping the mass influx of fentanyl and heroin at the southern border should be a priority. That's some nasty, nasty freak-dangerous stuff.
My mom had a coworker who's son died from a fentanyl laced overdose. The husband was so depressed by his son's death that he got into drugs and wound up dying from fentanyl the next year. One of my buddies from college lost his brother last year to laced drugs, his mother two years before to the same thing, and his sister will probably wind up like the other two. The pandemic and associated lockdowns have made things so much worse. My buddy's brother had been clean for a couple years, but having no job and being stuck at home alone pushed him back into it.

Reactions: Wireless1
Rather than sentencing them to prison where they do hard time, sentence them to specially designed rehab facilities where their only ticket out is actual rehabilitation. Maybe minimum security facilities could be converted into rehab centers for incarcerated individuals.

I don't know all the answers but I do know what the definition of insanity is and for this country to continue it's current drug policies is insanity.

Yeah, arrest them.

Ricky you are a hammer and everything looks like a nail to you.
Not at all. I’ve worked in law enforcement and healthcare directly with these people on a personal level for years. I know what works an what doesn’t.

So jail with rehab in it? I would agree except that lawyers and funding will not

Reactions: AM64
We used to have that, It was Eastern State Psychiatric Hospital. Some of the little houses were still there 10 years ago. The libs decided that was demeaning and they could cure everyone though private care... HA HA HA

Last week, $800,000 of fentanyl was found during a routine traffic stop on I-40 here in Tennesssee. It was enough to kill thousands of people. The driver of the truck was from El Paso, Tx. Little wonder where it came from, right? Who knows how much makes it in without getting caught?

Today’s drug pandemic is killing hundreds of young people every day but we don’t seem to care about it. It’s shocking how many under 40 obituaries there are today. Many are drug overdoses, suicides, other drug related causes.

This is a war America must fight and do everything it can to secure our country against this invasion. We know it’s not easy, but we’re not fighting at all now.
Keep those borders open baby.

My mom had a coworker who's son died from a fentanyl laced overdose. The husband was so depressed by his son's death that he got into drugs and wound up dying from fentanyl the next year. One of my buddies from college lost his brother last year to laced drugs, his mother two years before to the same thing, and his sister will probably wind up like the other two. The pandemic and associated lockdowns have made things so much worse. My buddy's brother had been clean for a couple years, but having no job and being stuck at home alone pushed him back into it.
Sounds as if fentanyl should be making drug consumers very very nervous about consuming the stuff on the black market?

Can someone explain this drug to me? If it is so deadly and can kill so many people how is it done without everyone dying on the spot? Is it cut or something?

Reactions: Orangeburst
We used to have that, It was Eastern State Psychiatric Hospital. Some of the little houses were still there 10 years ago. The libs decided that was demeaning and they could cure everyone though private care... HA HA HA

I just spent a good chunk of time reading up on the history of ESPH and found nothing above the myriad sources to confirm your exuberant othering. If anything, the chain of action through the 1970s and 80s tracks standard conservative methods of cost cutting leading to divestiture.

VN Store

Back