The perpetual "Oh no, the Govt gonna Shutdown!" Thread, bought to you by the Wingnut LG

lawgator1

I'm just not seeing the point. All that happens is that a slice of the government work force is told not to show up for work Monday, and to stay home until resolved. Then they all ultimately get paid anyway, for the time they were out.

If the goal is to call attention in the big picture to government inefficiency, this seems like all it does is, you know, make the government even more inefficient.

If this is all about the Freedom Caucus ousting McCarthy, then just do that. No need for the histrionics.

I'm just not seeing the point. All that happens is that a slice of the government work force is told not to show up for work Monday, and to stay home until resolved. Then they all ultimately get paid anyway, for the time they were out.

If the goal is to call attention in the big picture to government inefficiency, this seems like all it does is, you know, make the government even more inefficient.

If this is all about the Freedom Caucus ousting McCarthy, then just do that. No need for the histrionics.

Who hacked LGs account?

it probably is just political grandstanding.

but it is nice to pretend its because someone is actually being principled about the budget up there.

It's 100% a result of the GOP being a rudderless ship. Douchnozzles like Gaetz and MTG don't gas about being fiscally responsible.

As of the Democrats have a steady helmsman...

yawn.

Senate put forth a bipartisan option.

Mcarthy has to make a choice on whether to do the right thing and compromise or lose his title due the extremists.

No amount of deflection is going to change that the GOP is wholly responsible for this turd sandwich.

They do. That is one area the Dems have an advantage, they are lemmings and always fall in line.
That was especially evident by the 30+ Senate Dems who called for Menendez to step down.

I'm all for a real shutdown. Start with the Treasury so no payments of any kind go out, no SS, no VA, no interest payments on the debt, nothing. Next would be the FAA, no flights to anywhere so that the idiots are stuck in DC. USDA would be next, no food inspections anywhere so all food processing stops. USPS, well, never mind. DOD, all units freeze in place, stand down all alert units, cease all training. SEC so that Wall Steet shuts down. Let's actually shut it down and see what happens.

You love government. Who ******* cares if government shuts down?

Last edited:
Apparently having a vote tonight on something.

Will it pass and rob Gaetz of his 15 minutes?

Or fail and cost McCarthy his job?

Hope none of my Volnation.com brethren are flying anywhere in the next few days. If so, buy the insurance. Bill it to Matt Gaetz.

The shutdown doesn't mean anything unless you're a government employee who is fiscally retarded, which a lot are. I had one of my managers ask me how his employees with babies are gonna buy diapers during the furlough. I told him "buy them now".

Empathy is a crutch for the weak.

I'm going to furlough myself and go fishing in Alaska.

Hope none of my Volnation.com brethren are flying anywhere in the next few days. If so, buy the insurance. Bill it to Matt Gaetz.
The only people who aren't working in the FAA are the people we dont need working anyways. None of our work goes away during a shutdown, just peoples biweekly paychecks.

But from the 18+ years I've spent in the FAA..I'd buy insurance anyway....

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back