The perpetual "Oh no, the Govt gonna Shutdown!" Thread, bought to you by the Wingnut LG

China is Kissinger's biggest concern. He and Nixon are the ones who crafted the trade deal with them way back when, and now that china seems to have reneged on that deal, we have to get them, apparently for Kissinger's sake. Foreclosure with a gun just isn't a part of our morality. I think what were seeing from china is more of a test to see what our intentions really are, whether were really good people and whether well let china have some right of self determination or be a vassal state of ours. In any case, they're decades behind us in terms of military technology and dont really have any capacity to harm us, so....
Is that what you learned in high school history?

Remember when LG was arguing that we just needed to fund the government a little bit longer for them to figure something out. Here we are. exact same problem. no closer to a real solution.

grabbing my crystal ball I will predict that there will be lots of grandstanding by both sides. Politicians on both sides will blame each other, their msm will report as such, and their sheep will accept that its the other guy's fault. LG will blame Trump. fear mongering will be on full display, dying grandmas, think of the children, border hoppers are going to get you, have to fund this foreign country before we do anything for Americans, etc etc. they will go up to the last minute, before passing another Kick-the-Can-down-the-road measure. may also include a really short term measure to cover the bill until after the next recess.

Yawn... government shut down is misleading as only unnecessary parts of the government stop (which is less than 30% of the Federal Government).

Did not realize the timing this go 'round. First closures on March 1.

A CR would seem to endanger Johnson with the Crazy 8.

The South Carolina Republican noted that the bill includes $1.65 million for an artist 'living and work space' in New York, in Democratic Rep. Jamaal Bowman's district, $1.1 million for an 'electric vehicle infrastructure masterplan' in Chicago requested by top Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin, $1 million for a 'city-wide climate assessment' in Providence, R.I., and $1 million for an LGBTQ community center in Philadelphia.

'It's just like the swamp to take YOUR money, borrow more, and push it all into reckless political pet projects. That’s earmarks in a nutshell,' said Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., on X.

'Just look at [Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer's] request for $1M to build a new environmental justice center in NYC. Give me a break.'

Rep. Andrew Clyde, R-Va., decried a number of policies that were 'surrendered,' or not included in the bill including defunding the Trump prosecution, blocking funds from being used to provide legal representation to illegal aliens and defunding President Biden's executive orders to expand gun restrictions.

VN Store

Back