The Plot Thickens: National Archive to provide documents showing that Trump knew his claim of auto declassifying was bogus

lawgator1

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/17/poli...s-special-counsel-declassification/index.html

In a nutshell, there are 16 communications showing that Trump and his advisers knew that Trump's oft-repeated claim that he automatically declassifies anything he takes with him is a load of you-know-what. Even more telling, Trump tried to block the Archive from providing those communications. That tells you that Trump realizes that he is going to be proven a bald faced liar on this.

The Mar-A-Lago thing is what may be his undoing. For the sake of the US of A and the World, let's hope so.

Reactions: CSVol
https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/17/poli...s-special-counsel-declassification/index.html

In a nutshell, there are 16 communications showing that Trump and his advisers knew that Trump's oft-repeated claim that he automatically declassifies anything he takes with him is a load of you-know-what. Even more telling, Trump tried to block the Archive from providing those communications. That tells you that Trump realizes that he is going to be proven a bald faced liar on this.

The Mar-A-Lago thing is what may be his undoing. For the sake of the US of A and the World, let's hope so.
Do you have any idea what those "classified" documents relate to? The answer is no, you don't. Do you know what classified docs Biden had stored in his garage next to his Corvette? The answer is no, you don't.
Give up LG just give up.

Do you have any idea what those "classified" documents relate to? The answer is no, you don't. Do you know what classified docs Biden had stored in his garage next to his Corvette? The answer is no, you don't.
Give up LG just give up.

I agree the import of the documents matters in both cases.

However, the case are completely dissimilar in that the evidence is that Biden having them was inadvertent and immediately cured when realized, versus Trump who, for God knows what reason, not just did not return them when realized, but then purposefully refused to do so when asked over and over to do so.

Very different scenarios, criminally.

And in that respect, what those documents reflect is indeed enormously important because they why of it -- the reason he wanted to keep those documents with him after leaving office -- is the thing that so far makes absolutely no sense.

You’ve got him now!

@Pepe_Silvia

I blame you for all of LG's recent stupidity. He's ramped it up lately, and I think this is a hissy fit for you having his avi. Maybe if you give it back he'll stfu for a little bit.

Reactions: AM64
Wait. Do they finally have Trump now?

tenor.gif

I agree the import of the documents matters in both cases.

However, the case are completely dissimilar in that the evidence is that Biden having them was inadvertent and immediately cured when realized, versus Trump who, for God knows what reason, not just did not return them when realized, but then purposefully refused to do so when asked over and over to do so.

Very different scenarios, criminally.

And in that respect, what those documents reflect is indeed enormously important because they why of it -- the reason he wanted to keep those documents with him after leaving office -- is the thing that so far makes absolutely no sense.
So, IYO, Trump having classified documents, bad. Biden having classified documents, AOK.

In your world, Democrats are never guilty of anything.

Listen very carefully, Obama, both Bush’s and Clinton kept papers from the WH. Just stop
And obviously, so did Richard Nixon. The Presidential Records Act exists because of him .... but even Tricky Dick returned them upon request from The National Archives - at least the documents that he hadn't already destroyed.

Damn! Why couldn’t he just put that stuff in the garage?
Correct, just like slojoe. Where god knows who was in and out of that garage. Hunter,hunters ho's. The fed ex guy, UPS guy.
The lawn boy, the pool boy. Both probably undocumented immigrants.

Reactions: AM64

Was there collusion?

I’ve asked 4 times now. Simple yes or no will do. You’re starting to make me think you don’t like me.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back