The Purdue Pharma Sacklers

EasternVol

Should they get to keep their fortunes? Will they?
No they shouldn't. They pulled billions out of the company prior to the bankruptcy that should be going to the lawsuit compensation.

Will they get to keep their fortunes? Most likely.

Reactions: AM64 and EasternVol
Sacklers didn't make people take the drugs. Are they any more responsible for the deaths than say Remington or S&W?
Did Remington or S&W lie about the safety of their products and otherwise unethically market their guns?
Actually in a way they did make a lot of people take their drugs through their sales schemes.

I don’t think S&W is marketing their products saying they are safe to shoot your self with.
Just trying to determine how an inanimate object is suddenly responsible for the actions of its users.

Did Remington or S&W lie about the safety of their products and otherwise unethically market their guns?
Actually in a way they did make a lot of people take their drugs through their sales schemes.
?

I've taken Oxy, voluntarily. It was both safe and effective.

?

I've taken Oxy, voluntarily. It was both safe and effective.
The way they sold it, doctors prescribed it for many cases that something much weaker and less addictive would have sufficed. So it got wider exposure and there were more addictions than there should have been.
I'm glad it worked for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Purdue marketed oxycontin as a safer and less addictive alternative to morphine.

Also in the bleakest period of the opioid epidemic the majority of oxy purchased on the street originated from warehouse diversion. (someone relatively high up would have had to be involved)

Sacklers didn't make people take the drugs. Are they any more responsible for the deaths than say Remington or S&W?
they marketed it to doctors as safe and significantly less if not completely free of addiction, then suppressed their own information gathered from their sales reps in the first year that it indeed was addictive and being used as a rec. drug. So maybe not in jail but they along with the board have some liability.

I don’t believe the Mexican cartels are marketing their products as safe and non addictive.
Everyone has known forever that oxy is addictive. It's nothing new. Oxytocin is simply time released hydrocodone.

I get that but Purdue lied about it's addictiveness. I don't see the Mexican cartels advertising that their products are non addictive.
Would the docs not be the one since they are the ones prescribing it? I just don't have much sympathy for things like this.

VN Store

Back