The Red Line: Part Deux

The timing is interesting.

After spending so much time there, I'm nothing but appalled at the lack of support given by the US or any other nation (with the exception of Jordan) to the Syrian people. I was able to visit a field hospital after one of these chemical attacks, and its been the most horrific things I've ever witnessed.

From day 1, all the Syrian people wanted from us was food and medical supplies. They didn't want our military to get involved, they wanted to fight the battles on their own. They just needed the basic necessities to care for the women and children mostly. Did we help? Not one bit. Now, I'm afraid this will continue for several more years at the very least. The Syrian people used to love America, now, from what I can tell, most feel nothing but resent towards us. Honestly, I can't blame them. The world stood by and watched the deaths of close to a million people in Rwanda. While the death toll in Syria may never reach those numbers, the stakes are much higher.

I'll be going back at the end of summer, and I just hope ANY progress can be made this late in the "game"...

Reactions: 2 people
So we armed a group that just recently beheaded a Christian priest? I wonder if the sudden arming is a reward from Obama.

Reactions: 1 person
After spending so much time there, I'm nothing but appalled at the lack of support given by the US or any other nation (with the exception of Jordan) to the Syrian people. I was able to visit a field hospital after one of these chemical attacks, and its been the most horrific things I've ever witnessed.

From day 1, all the Syrian people wanted from us was food and medical supplies. They didn't want our military to get involved, they wanted to fight the battles on their own. They just needed the basic necessities to care for the women and children mostly. Did we help? Not one bit. Now, I'm afraid this will continue for several more years at the very least. The Syrian people used to love America, now, from what I can tell, most feel nothing but resent towards us. Honestly, I can't blame them. The world stood by and watched the deaths of close to a million people in Rwanda. While the death toll in Syria may never reach those numbers, the stakes are much higher.

I'll be going back at the end of summer, and I just hope ANY progress can be made this late in the "game"...

:hi: My hat's off to you for what you're doing. When you do go back....be safe & take care from all that's going on around you.

In other news today.....:zeitung_lesen: Oh, I see our great & fearless leader BO is on a visit to South Korea & warns N. Korea against nuclear threats. He says that "the United States will not hesitate to use our military might" to defend allies. Obama's visit to Seoul comes as North Korea has threatened to conduct it's fourth nuclear test leading Obama to raise the possibility of further sanctions. Time now, I suppose, is to send "the Worm" back over to NK to smooth things over w/UN. This stuff never gets old w/BO trying to lay down the law to other countries. Nobody takes this President seriously & only takes him for a joke. They know he's a weak leader & laughs at him to his face.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

The harsh reality is that if a country does not have a strategic interest from the USA we won't do anything for them. Rwanda is a perfect example.

What are you doing over in Syria if you dont mind me asking?

In other news today.....:zeitung_lesen: Oh, I see our great & fearless leader BO is on a visit to South Korea & warns N. Korea against nuclear threats. He says that "the United States will not hesitate to use our military might" to defend allies. Obama's visit to Seoul comes as North Korea has threatened to conduct it's fourth nuclear test leading Obama to raise the possibility of further sanctions. Time now, I suppose, is to send "the Worm" back over to NK to smooth things over w/UN. This stuff never gets old w/BO trying to lay down the law to other countries. Nobody takes this President seriously & only takes him for a joke. They know he's a weak leader & laughs at him to his face.

Lol ...you nailed it brother

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 1
Part 3?

@AmbassadorPower: 1/3 Reports and video out of #Syria utterly horrific. Civilians, including kids, victims of an apparent chlorine gas attack.

@AmbassadorPower: 2/3 This is why #UNSC passed res affirming the weaponization of chlorine as viol of CWC&UN res. Long past time for attribution&consequences

@AmbassadorPower: 3/3 Asad regime is only power with helos. Reports again are that gas attack came from the air. If it flies like a duck…

It appears earlier reports of Assad's comeback were premature.

Syrian president acknowledges recent 'setbacks' in war - Middle East - Stripes

Syrian President Bashar Assad acknowledged on Wednesday what he said were recent "setbacks" in the war against rebels trying to topple him, promising a comeback by his troops entangled in heavy fighting with rebels in northern Syria.

The rare admission of defeat follows a string of opposition advances in northern and southern Syria that saw them flush out Assad's troops from previous government strongholds.

BBC News - Syria conflict: 'Chemical attacks' kill hundreds

Major chemical attack reported in Syria just a few hours ago. Unconfirmed reports say between 500 to 1,300 people, including women and children, have been murdered. The UNSC will be meeting later this afternoon as well. If confirmed wonder what the White House will do?

Sarin materials brought via Turkey & mixed in Syrian ISIS camps – Turkish MP to RT

So basically, that entire Assad gassing Syians story was a false flag orchestrated by our NATO ally.

Research and samples taken by UN teams at the sites of contamination from the attacks suggest that the chemicals in question were most likely produced by Syrian government sources. This does not mean, however, that the Syrian government was responsible for said attacks.

This recent claim by a Turkish MP only provides further suggestion that Turkey is led by a very crappy government; it provides proof of absolutely nothing, however.

Interesting...

Hagel says he OK?d plan to strike Damascus after 'red line;' Obama told him stand down | Fox News

Former Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel revealed in an extensive interview published Friday that he had approved plans to strike Damascus with Tomahawk cruise missiles after Syria’s Bashar al-Assad crossed the “red line” by using chemical weapons – but President Obama told him to stand down.

The interview with Foreign Policy comes nearly a year after his acrimonious exit from the Obama administration. Still smarting from the circumstances of his departure, Hagel told Foreign Policy that the White House tried to “destroy” him even after he resigned.

The former Pentagon chief said that decision in 2013 dealt a big blow to U.S. credibility.

The fist part doesn't surprise me as it's not like I expected a jellyfish to grow a spine all the sudden.

The second part shouldn't surprise me, but certainly sheds light on how this Administration operates. Toe the line or get slandered.

Interesting...

Hagel says he OK?d plan to strike Damascus after 'red line;' Obama told him stand down | Fox News

The fist part doesn't surprise me as it's not like I expected a jellyfish to grow a spine all the sudden.

The second part shouldn't surprise me, but certainly sheds light on how this Administration operates. Toe the line or get slandered.

There's a consistent pattern of people who "left" the administration and dealt with national security that this administration is making political decisions with national security (Hagal, Gates, Flynn, Keene, McChrystal, others I'm missing I'm sure)

There's a consistent pattern of people who "left" the administration and dealt with national security that this administration is making political decisions with national security (Hagal, Gates, Flynn, Keene, McChrystal, others I'm missing I'm sure)

I'd probably toss Petraeus into that mix as well.

VN Store

Back