The Ron DeSantis - Gavin Newsom debate 9pm Nov 30 on Fox.

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
Frankly, I am really looking forward to watching this. So tired of the current Trump Biden rematch.

I think both of these big state governors are great representatives for team red and team blue's general school of thought. Both are able to articulate their ideology and have strong track records of governing and "getting things done" based on those ideologies.

This represents a fantastic opportunity to compare one versus the other and, dare I say, competing visions. Does America want to increasingly look like California or Florida? That is where each man promises to lead us with their vision of what is right and good for America.

Of course, they are merely governors of their respective states but we all know that this is about the Presidential race, if not this cycle, the next one.

Newsom is far more capable of expressing the progressive agenda than senile Joe and is clearly the leading democrat contender for Biden's seat (unless Michele hops in).

DeSantis has a far more cogent grasp of the mechanics of conservative governance than Trump and has crushed the swamp in his home state of Florida, though he lacks the populist charm and salesmanship of the former President.

Both are relatively young men and have attractive stories to tell. Both have a lot to gain from representing their side well. Newsom gets solidified as the lead "after Biden" democrat (and maybe the emergency 2024 one), while Ron helps keep his spot as the #1 GOP alternative should Trump falter and solidifies him as the man to beat in 2028.

I think THIS is the debate that most Americans WANT to have, even if they already know who they will probably vote for 11 months from now (and its not likely to be either of these two).

What say you VN? A primetime dogfight of ideas or a food fight at the kiddie table?

Who else is tuning in? Once it has aired - what were your thoughts? Who won, who lost, how does this impact the Presidential elections now and future?

Frankly, I am really looking forward to watching this. So tired of the current Trump Biden rematch.

I think both of these big state governors are great representatives for team red and team blue's general school of thought. Both are able to articulate their ideology and have strong track records of governing and "getting things done" based on those ideologies.

This represents a fantastic opportunity to compare one versus the other and, dare I say, competing visions. Does America want to increasingly look like California or Florida? That is where each man promises to lead us with their vision of what is right and good for America.

Of course, they are merely governors of their respective states but we all know that this is about the Presidential race, if not this cycle, the next one.

Newsom is far more capable of expressing the progressive agenda than senile Joe and is clearly the leading democrat contender for Biden's seat (unless Michele hops in).

DeSantis has a far more cogent grasp of the mechanics of conservative governance than Trump and has crushed the swamp in his home state of Florida, though he lacks the populist charm and salesmanship of the former President.

Both are relatively young men and have attractive stories to tell. Both have a lot to gain from representing their side well. Newsom gets solidified as the lead "after Biden" democrat (and maybe the emergency 2024 one), while Ron helps keep his spot as the #1 GOP alternative should Trump falter and solidifies him as the man to beat in 2028.

I think THIS is the debate that most Americans WANT to have, even if they already know who they will probably vote for 11 months from now (and its not likely to be either of these two).

What say you VN? A primetime dogfight of ideas or a food fight at the kiddie table?

Who else is tuning in? Once it has aired - what were your thoughts? Who won, who lost, how does this impact the Presidential elections now and future?
according to some on here, there is no difference and a vote for one is a vote for the other.

Reactions: whodeycin85
One isn't running and the other is woefully behind in the polls.

I hear there may be an Golden Girls episode on at the same time so this has no shot .

What's the point of this?

Is it going to be an hour of Ron trashing California? Is Newsome looking to get facetime Infront of Merica for a POTUS bid at some point?

Reactions: FLVOL_79
So it appears that these are the "Establishment" choices... just like in 2016 the establishment wanted Hillary/Jeb Bush in 2016.

I dont know about Newsom but DeSantis certainly isnt the "establishment" choice - Haley is. The never Trumpers thought Ron was going to be the ticket but then actually started listening to him and he was a bit too much like Trump for their liking. That indeed is Ron's problem, he is TOO much like Trump but lacks the Teflon Don's charisma.

I dont think anyone really thinks DeSantis would deviate from Trump on policy but he would be far more methodical in implementing it to make it operational. The trouble is that he is not as good as Trump at selling it to the base and he hasnt yet been able to make the persona transition from governor to the national/international stage. Its a "tall task" :p to outshine Trump while still in his shadow.

But lets face it, if DeSantis wasnt going against Trump in a primary, the Trump base would shower him with love (like they do in Florida now).

Newsome I think is less old school Dem establishment and is more modern progressive establishment, if anything. All the young and woke I suspect would flock to him. He is definitely not the James Carville wing. I think he is probably their most presentable leader who is governor of a big state.

ESPN is showing women’s basketball on both network channels. They know most people will change the channel. They know the debate is the most interesting alternative. What are democrats trying to put in our brains tonight???

I’ve never heard so many conflicting “facts” in my life. Desantis should have never taken the stage. He’s a great governor and would be a great president but being part of this debate is a black eye. Not because he’s losing but because it’s unbearable to watch

Reactions: Sin City Vol
I’ve never heard so many conflicting “facts” in my life. Desantis should have never taken the stage. He’s a great governor and would be a great president but being part of this debate is a black eye. Not because he’s losing but because it’s unbearable to watch

Newsom is good at distorting the facts. He's either been told to be the marketing arm for the Biden Administration or guaranteed he'd step in as the nominee if they have to abandon Joe. With that said, Desantis is landing on one liners.

VN Store

Back