The Scrimmage #2

justingroves

13-14 in handshakes
Tennessee made a concentrated effort to get the running game going.

The QBs went without the green jerseys for the majority of practice. Towards the end, they put them back on.

Tauren Poole is a tough gritty runner. He can get the tough yards inside and is plenty quick enough to go outside. He'll get some touches this fall.

Lennon Creer broke a 37 yard run down the sidelines and had several great runs.

The defense bowed up on goal line stands.

Crompton threw a pick on a pass to the Stocker. CPF said Stocker ran the wrong route.

Crompton managed the game well. He had one bad pass all day. He scrambled several times.

Rico took a pick off of Coleman 53 yards to the 1 yard line.

Moore blocked a punt and Gerald scooped and scored.

Gerald saw plenty of touches today. He made a great leaping TD catch.

Ant Anderson had a pick on the aforementioned Crompton pass.

Ayers at times was unblockable.

Derrick Furlow, a walk-on CB, has been the player of the spring IMO. He's showing some great instincts out there and fought through a couple of blocks to blow up two screens. He also lit up Stocker.

Lincoln went 5 of 6 on a miserable day for kickers. The wind was swirling and gusting.

Brimfield sprained his ankle and had a walking boot on

Thanks for the updates Justin. So just the one pick by Crompton? I supposed that's an improvement over last week's three. I know that was an area of focus.

Thanks for the updates Justin. So just the one pick by Crompton? I supposed that's an improvement over last week's three. I know that was an area of focus.

He was getting hammered by I want say Williams but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Crompton scrambled and made some plays with his feet.

So was his decision making quicker? I know that was another area of concern for Fulmer.

i think the confidence of giving the job to Crompton can be nothing but a good thing for the kid.

It seems like Clawson is planning on Gerald Jones being one of our top offensive threats out there.

You don't need to be specific but was Gerald lined up in any unconventional spots on the field i.e. QB, RB, etc.?

Here's the rushing totals:

Creer 47 yards on 9 carries 1 TD 13 yards on 1 catch

Poole 47 yards on 16 carries 9 yards on 1 catch

Foster 38 yards on 7 carries 31 yards on 3 catches

The problem with scrimmages is that when one side of the ball does well that means the other side isn't... So are these much-improved rushing stats a sign of our good rushing attack this year? Or a sign of a lackluster defensive rush stop? Also how did the LB's look? And Ben Martin?

any signs of our rb's hitting the hole quicker? were the yards earned or did our O line block well today?

I spoke with Gerald about 45 minutes ago and he was very happy with how the scrimmage went. He said he caught 5 or 6 balls for around 50 yards and a TD. He also said he scored on a reverse but they doidnt give him the TD. Then he said he scored on a blocked punt that he scooped up and then they ran a fake punt and he basically took it the distance and they just blew the whistle... He can score in a number of ways...

I spoke with Gerald about 45 minutes ago and he was very happy with how the scrimmage went. He said he caught 5 or 6 balls for around 50 yards and a TD. He also said he scored on a reverse but they doidnt give him the TD. Then he said he scored on a blocked punt that he scooped up and then they ran a fake punt and he basically took it the distance and they just blew the whistle... He can score in a number of ways...

Have you heard anything from Gerald about the new offensive coaches?

He's pulling your leg. He was almost a yard short. :p

You're not supposed to tell all the secrets

Gerald had a great day. I got scared when he got up slowly after the reverse.

VN Store

Back