The Scrimmage #2

Ben Martin 5 tackles, 2 sacks (-4)

Dan Williams 5 tackles, sack (-3), TFL (-1), PBU

Robert Ayers 4 tackles, 2 sacks (12), TFL (-2)

Wes Brown 4 tackles, 2 sacks (-12)

These numbers against "the best offensive line in SEC" is the highlight of the day. Just wondering how long we would have to wait to see this kind of stat in a real game......

Out of curiosity why is it that our reverses only work in practice, but never when we actually try them in a game?

thanks for the update Justin. Makes me really look fwd to seeing the O&W game

I spoke with Gerald about 45 minutes ago and he was very happy with how the scrimmage went. He said he caught 5 or 6 balls for around 50 yards and a TD. He also said he scored on a reverse but they doidnt give him the TD. Then he said he scored on a blocked punt that he scooped up and then they ran a fake punt and he basically took it the distance and they just blew the whistle... He can score in a number of ways...

Thanks for he info Milwood. I can't wait to see Gerald in action this year.

Nice info Justin.

I went to the A day game today in Tuscaloosa.....with our much improved secondary Berry & Morley should pick apart JPW. He was practically staring down the receiver before the snap. I didn't see anything real impressive. Arenas still scares me in the kick return though. The QB's did scramble quite well but they got under a lot of pressure through out the game, looks good for our D.

Who is Reece Lovell? I saw in the stats where he got 1 carry for 30 yards for a touchdown. I looked on the roster and he is not there.

Justin,

What is the Faison guy doing, anything?

Glad to see Ayers stepping up..been a fan of his play and think he has the tools to be a top notch player.

Any news on Art Evans? Where is he on the depth chart? I was pretty excited about getting him and have some high hopes on his ability.

i think the confidence of giving the job to Crompton can be nothing but a good thing for the kid.

I agree 100%. Great confidence boost and I really trust Fulmer on this decision regardless what some on the board will say.

Going 17 of 22 is good way to start.

having the confidence of the coaches to be the guy goes a long way. It has to be difficult to know that each tiny mistake is just that much closer to wearing the headset. He now should be able to feel comfortable the first few games knowing he is without question THE GUY, regardless of what happens next week.

As always JG thanks! It looks like Crompton has pretty much wrapped up the QB position, especially since Fulmer is saying so. Do you still think there is still not that much separating the 3 QB's right now, or its just the fact Crompton runs the offense so much better that Fulmer is saying he is the QB and will be this fall?

It's good to see the new offensive coaches concentrate on specifically getting the ball to people like Jones. I think we will see alot of quick passes to Jones this year so he can use his great open field running skills, and alot of deep passes to Paige with his great straight line speed.

VN Store

Back