The Season That Starts It All

seaofORANGE22

Eats a lot of peaches
Our offense won't be as explosive as last years. But we should have an awesome offensive line that we can rely on to lead the running game. We have solid (not spectacular) talent at running back. If we can stay ahead of the chains it should take a lot of pressure off our young qb's. If one of them steps up (I think it will be Worley or Dobbs).... along with a couple wide receivers (North, Pig & Croom... and sometimes Devrin). Our offense could be sneaky good. I think we'll put it all together a few times next year when everybody expects us to get blown out.

The defense will automatically be upgraded with the health of Curt Maggit and Brian Randolph. We need some cornerbacks to step up. We need Jacques Smith to finally be the beast that he was supposed to be coming out of high school. Big Dan. Couch head. We will be better than last year, no doubt. This could be a really good unit if we stay healthy.

I think we'll go 8-4 and this is how it happens in the smoke rings of my mind.

08/31/13 vs. Austin Peay - WIN 56-0 Easy Peasey??? (Ehh?)
09/07/13 vs. Western Kentucky - WIN 47-20 - Petrino misses the SEC
09/14/13 at Oregon - WIN 29-27 - I think we'll come out firing and play inspired all game long. It will be close and (gulp) Palardy will hit the game winner. Oregon will be stunned. None of that 2nd half meltdown stuff like under Dooley. This is Butch's first of many big ones.
09/21/13 at Florida - LOSS 31-27 - This one will hurt. We will play out of our minds and somehow Florida will still catch the breaks they need to, and make all the right plays down the stretch. They win. But it's close. Butch uses it as a teaching experience and we get better as a team.
09/28/13 vs. South Alabama - WIN 42-7 Goin ham
10/05/13 vs. Georgia - LOSS 24-13 - I hate even writing this. But UGA's experience at the skill positions will be too much. They have just too many weapons. It won't be a blowout. But they put us away late.
10/19/13 vs. South Carolina WIN - 34-21 - We are so due to win this game it's not even funny. No way they get another one on us this year. This will be a dog fight, and Butch will out coach Spurrier. This is our offenses coming out party.
10/26/13 at Alabama LOSS 38-17 - We battle hard. We score. Yay! They answer. We score. Yay! They answer. We get stopped. They score. We get stopped. They score. Turnover. They score. Stop. They score. Dammit. They score again. Let's just get out of here alive. We'll get em next year at home.
11/02/13 at Missouri WIN 24-7 - Payback. The Vols begin their decade long dominance over this silly program.
11/09/13 vs. Auburn LOSS 33-30 - You've got to be kidding me. At home. Under the bright lights. Tennessee has been getting lots of love nationally. Auburn has been quietly improving up until this point. We should probably win. We get in a hole early. The running game never gets going for us. We make a late surge but come up short. Tennessee quarterbacks have a rough and tumbling day. Tough one to swallow.
11/23/13 vs. Vanderbilt WIN 27-21 - It won't be easy. This isn't my grandfathers Vanderbilt team as much as I wish they were. Last year proved that. They aren't scared. In time, we will establish our dominance again. But it wont happen overnight. This will be as tough as it gets. Both teams will scratch and claw. But Vanderbilt will let the crowd get the best of them in the 4th quarter. Neyland is gonna be going nuts. Our defense forces late turnovers and we begin a new winning streak over these nerds.
11/30/13 at Kentucky WIN 42-17 - This will be closer in the first half than any of us would like to even imagine. But our offense will be clicking after an inspirational Butch Jones halftime speech and we will pour it on in the 4th quarter and win going away.

This is obviously exactly how the season is going to play out. To dispute it would just be silly people.

Reactions: 10 people
If this were how the season turned out I would not even be able to comprehend what our recruiting class would end up looking like.

Reactions: 6 people
I could see this season playing out like the 2009 season. We're gonna be awesome in the trenches and its gonna be a big problem for opposing teams. Our OL, no doubt will be good, but I'm looking forward to the DL as well. Our DL is gonna be ALOT better than what people think.

How is losing to Florida, GA, and Alabama going to generate lots of love nationally for TN before the Auburn game? I don't see it.

I think TN loses to Oregon, beats Auburn, and splits GA and FL. Not sure which.

Reactions: 1 person
How is losing to Florida, GA, and Alabama going to generate lots of love nationally for TN before the Auburn game? I don't see it.

I think TN loses to Oregon, beats Auburn, and splits GA and FL. Not sure which.

Because we would have beaten Oregon which would get everybody noticing us... And then beating South Carolina would reinforce our upward trend...

I dont know just go with it.. ITS MY VISION!

Reactions: 2 people
Not realistic mah ...

f313e2b1-8029-338f-a6e2-1ce2c762e56f

just nice to be thinking about how good we can be instead of worrying how bad.

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. I think we had lots of confidence issues under Dooley. Not only the team, but also the fan base. It still lingers. But I'm starting to come out of it. I'm not predicting national championships or anything, but I think we will have a team full of playmakers that compete to win. This isn't a coaching staff that loses much. Butch has created a winning atmosphere around the program.

People forget... as bad as we were last year, we still almost won like 4 more games.

Reactions: 1 person
if tennessee puts up 27 on florida or if tennessee holds oregon to 27, i'll make a donation to the tennessee athletic department.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
if tennessee puts up 27 on florida or if tennessee holds oregon to 27, i'll make a donation to the tennessee athletic department.

UT scored 23 and 13 points their last two trips to Gainesville, with an experienced QB and better skill players than they'll bring this season.

The same concerns I had about UF last season offensively are the same weaknesses I see in Knoxville this season...a solid running game with good RBs, above average o-line, and inexperience in the passing game.

Last edited:
UT scored 23 points their last two trips to Gainesville, with an experienced QB and better skill players than they'll bring this season.

The same concerns I had about UF last season offensively are the same weaknesses I see in Knoxville this season...a solid running game with good RBs, above average o-line, and inexperience in the passing game.

ut scored 13 in 2009.

shame on you.

We will beat the War Eagles and go 6 and 6 or 7 and 5, stressful season lies ahead on the hill, the fans has got to stay pumped and behind the team no matter what and hold this recruiting class together that we got going, going to be a gut wrenches season im afraid.

Our offense won't be as explosive as last years. But we should have an awesome offensive line that we can rely on to lead the running game. We have solid (not spectacular) talent at running back. If we can stay ahead of the chains it should take a lot of pressure off our young qb's. If one of them steps up (I think it will be Worley or Dobbs).... along with a couple wide receivers (North, Pig & Croom... and sometimes Devrin). Our offense could be sneaky good. I think we'll put it all together a few times next year when everybody expects us to get blown out.

The defense will automatically be upgraded with the health of Curt Maggit and Brian Randolph. We need some cornerbacks to step up. We need Jacques Smith to finally be the beast that he was supposed to be coming out of high school. Big Dan. Couch head. We will be better than last year, no doubt. This could be a really good unit if we stay healthy.

I think we'll go 8-4 and this is how it happens in the smoke rings of my mind.

08/31/13 vs. Austin Peay - WIN 56-0 Easy Peasey??? (Ehh?)
09/07/13 vs. Western Kentucky - WIN 47-20 - Petrino misses the SEC
09/14/13 at Oregon - WIN 29-27 - I think we'll come out firing and play inspired all game long. It will be close and (gulp) Palardy will hit the game winner. Oregon will be stunned. None of that 2nd half meltdown stuff like under Dooley. This is Butch's first of many big ones.
09/21/13 at Florida - LOSS 31-27 - This one will hurt. We will play out of our minds and somehow Florida will still catch the breaks they need to, and make all the right plays down the stretch. They win. But it's close. Butch uses it as a teaching experience and we get better as a team.
09/28/13 vs. South Alabama - WIN 42-7 Goin ham
10/05/13 vs. Georgia - LOSS 24-13 - I hate even writing this. But UGA's experience at the skill positions will be too much. They have just too many weapons. It won't be a blowout. But they put us away late.
10/19/13 vs. South Carolina WIN - 34-21 - We are so due to win this game it's not even funny. No way they get another one on us this year. This will be a dog fight, and Butch will out coach Spurrier. This is our offenses coming out party.
10/26/13 at Alabama LOSS 38-17 - We battle hard. We score. Yay! They answer. We score. Yay! They answer. We get stopped. They score. We get stopped. They score. Turnover. They score. Stop. They score. Dammit. They score again. Let's just get out of here alive. We'll get em next year at home.
11/02/13 at Missouri WIN 24-7 - Payback. The Vols begin their decade long dominance over this silly program.
11/09/13 vs. Auburn LOSS 33-30 - You've got to be kidding me. At home. Under the bright lights. Tennessee has been getting lots of love nationally. Auburn has been quietly improving up until this point. We should probably win. We get in a hole early. The running game never gets going for us. We make a late surge but come up short. Tennessee quarterbacks have a rough and tumbling day. Tough one to swallow.
11/23/13 vs. Vanderbilt WIN 27-21 - It won't be easy. This isn't my grandfathers Vanderbilt team as much as I wish they were. Last year proved that. They aren't scared. In time, we will establish our dominance again. But it wont happen overnight. This will be as tough as it gets. Both teams will scratch and claw. But Vanderbilt will let the crowd get the best of them in the 4th quarter. Neyland is gonna be going nuts. Our defense forces late turnovers and we begin a new winning streak over these nerds.
11/30/13 at Kentucky WIN 42-17 - This will be closer in the first half than any of us would like to even imagine. But our offense will be clicking after an inspirational Butch Jones halftime speech and we will pour it on in the 4th quarter and win going away.

This is obviously exactly how the season is going to play out. To dispute it would just be silly people.

:lolabove:

VN Store

Back