The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

But there is a difference between taking bibes and taking a boat trip with a friends on a yatch.
Is He Though GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

So Justices can never come into contact with other people...a Justice accepting a birthday gift, that gift could be called a bribe?

The mental gymnastics you jump through to reconcile obvious and willful ethics violations is both comical and sad.

This stuff isnt even hard to find.

You're the MAGA version of Turbo. Tribal to the core, it's why you're relegated to the fringe with dismissive eyerolls - which is an impressive feat here in VNPF.

If you had a modicum of objectivity, you realize just how dumb you look trying to pin Alito's and Thomas's BS on the left.

Last edited:
The mental gymnastics you jump through to reconcile obvious and willful ethics violations is both comical and sad.

You're the MAGA version of Turbo. Tribal to the core, it's why you're relegated to the fringe with dismissive eyerolls - which is impressive here in VNPF.

If you had a modicum of objectivity, you realize just how dumb you look trying to pin Alito's and Thomas's BS on the left.
MAGA version of Turbo 😂

You're the MAGA version of Turbo. Tribal to the core, it's why you're relegated to the fringe with dismissive eyerolls - which is an impressive feat here in VNPF.

Thomas satisfied the loan agreement.

"Welters’ representatives told investigators that he believes there may have been additional interest payments — and, with less certainty, perhaps payment of some fraction of the principal,.....Welters, in a statement to the Times on Wednesday, said that because the loan was made so many years ago, “bank records — which I have sought — no longer exist. While not a tangible record, I continue to put stock in my contemporaneous belief.”

"Thomas's attorney Elliot Berke said, "The loan was never forgiven. Any suggestion to the contrary is false. The Thomases made all payments to Mr. Welters on a regular basis until the terms of the agreement were satisfied in full."

Thomas satisfied the loan agreement.

"Welters’ representatives told investigators that he believes there may have been additional interest payments — and, with less certainty, perhaps payment of some fraction of the principal,.....Welters, in a statement to the Times on Wednesday, said that because the loan was made so many years ago, “bank records — which I have sought — no longer exist. While not a tangible record, I continue to put stock in my contemporaneous belief.”

"Thomas's attorney Elliot Berke said, "The loan was never forgiven. Any suggestion to the contrary is false. The Thomases made all payments to Mr. Welters on a regular basis until the terms of the agreement were satisfied in full."

-A handwritten note from Mr. Welters to Justice Thomas, dated November 22, 2008, stating that Welters would no longer seek further payments on the loan. This note also stated that Justice Thomas had paid interest only on the loan, indicating that the principal of $267,230 had not been repaid by Justice Thomas.

Nothing you just offered suggests that the loan was repaid in full, just that the terms of the agreement were satisfied. Difference and distinction. Satisfying loan agreements are easy when not paying back the loan in full is the agreement.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

You're a hack. Go sit in the corner and contemplate your life choices.

Nothing you just offered suggests that the loan was repaid in full, just that the terms of the agreement were satisfied. Difference and distinction. Satisfying loan agreements are easy when not paying back the loan in full is the agreement.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

You're a hack. Go sit in the corner and contemplate your life choices.
Parties involved in the loan said the loan was satisfied and the loan was not forgiven. All we have here are Democrat hacks on a Senate committee who are making accusations up out of thin air on some transaction that occurred about 30 years ago to smear Justice Thomas.

Parties involved in the loan said the loan was satisfied and the loan was not forgiven. All we have here are Democrat hacks on a Senate committee who are making accusations up out of thin air on some transaction that occurred about 30 years ago to smear Justice Thomas.

Try to keep up.

If I lend you $100 and only ask you to pay me back $1 and you do, the loan is technically "satisfied."

People don't do that unless there's quid pro quo.

If this had happened to any of the liberal justices, you'd be frothing at the mouth - worse than you already are.

Try to keep up.

If I lend you $100 and only ask you to pay me back $1 and you do, the loan is technically "satisfied."

If this had happened to any of the liberal justices, you'd be frothing at the mouth - worse than you already are.

So did Thomas pay back the loan in full or not?

Reactions: jmacvols1
So did Thomas pay back the loan in full or not?

Not according to Senate Finance Committee investigation.

-A handwritten note from Mr. Welters to Justice Thomas, dated November 22, 2008, stating that Welters would no longer seek further payments on the loan. This note also stated that Justice Thomas had paid interest only on the loan, indicating that the principal of $267,230 had not been repaid by Justice Thomas.

Not according to Senate Finance Committee investigation.

Interesting that they never say exactly how much Thomas paid.

Edit: Found this in the actual report:

In November 2008, 9 years after the loan agreement was executed, Welters forgave the balance of the loan to Thomas in recognition of the payments made by Thomas which Welters characterized as interest only payments that exceeded the amount of the original loan. While additional documents pertaining to the loan agreement may exist and provide more clarity to the agreement, none of the documents reviewed by Committee staff indicated that Thomas ever made payments to Welters in excess of the annual interest on the loan.

Last edited:
Interesting that they never say exactly how much Thomas paid.

Edit: Found this in the actual report:

Actually it is unknown exactly how much was paid back since this happened almost 30 years ago and bank documents no longer exist.

Dems trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Reactions: volbound1700
Try to keep up.

Liberal justices have taken money, gifts, etc and should have recused themselves at times but did not......and I was not frothing at the mouth. Strange how the left had no problem with the USSC when liberals had control and now have problems they no longer get their way in the SC.

Liberal justices have taken money, gifts, etc and should have recused themselves at times but did not......and I was not frothing at the mouth. Strange how the left had no problem with the USSC when liberals had control and now have problems they no longer get their way in the SC.

Can you provided some examples?

Can you provided some examples?

Ginsberg on Trump's taxes

Comments she made in 2016

“He is a faker,” she said of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, going point by point, as if presenting a legal brief. “He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. … How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that.”

The comments come one month before the Supreme Court takes up cases related to the president's tax returns and financial records.

Seems like a legit beef or at least as legit as the ones presented here.

and

Reactions: hog88

Actually it is unknown exactly how much was paid back since this happened almost 30 years ago and bank documents no longer exist.

Dems trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Democrats trying to make a mountain out of a demonstrably corrupt Supreme Court Justice. As in seriously corrupt.

We've just now learned that Thomas and Harlan Crow--who I read has Nazi sympathies--took a trip to Russia in 2003. Did Thomas report this
trip to the government, as he was supposed to? He did not. He kept it secret. The man should be impeached. We've got a lumpy black trump on SCOTUS. This thread lays out some of the implications....

VN Store

Back