The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

Isn't that what should be expected of the highest court in the land? To correct cultural rulings?

That will send you over the edge.😁

Hey, when are you going to be in the Tahoe area? I know you said August but I didn't absorb the dates. We're going out from Aug12-26.
From 9th to 15th.

We should have a coffee.

No. There's a clear distinction between the members' ideology and the Constitution itself. Some parts of the Constitution should never change. The problem is with state distinction. I'm a proponent of states having the most control, but there are instances when federal law should always have precedent, and most of the time it is in specific instances

Such as?

Isn't that what should be expected of the highest court in the land? To correct cultural rulings?

That will send you over the edge.😁

Hey, when are you going to be in the Tahoe area? I know you said August but I didn't absorb the dates. We're going out from Aug12-26.
What the hell is a "cultural ruling"?

Women in late stages of pregnancy in a life or death situation

There are no states that prohibit abortion when the mothers life is at risk.

A Review of Exceptions in State Abortion Bans: Implications for the Provision of Abortion Services | KFF

Abortion is currently banned in 14 states and many other states have attempted to ban or severely restrict access to abortion. All of these bans have an exception to prevent the death of the pregnant person and some bans include other exceptions that fall into three categories: when there is risk to the health of the pregnant person, when the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest, and when there is a lethal fetal anomaly.

Delta retired one of my friends a couple of years ago and he pilots private. He told me he had Madonna as a passenger in Vancouver a couple of months ago.

@Orangeburst - this is one of the brothers that owned Scrappy's.
thats weird..i never got a notification from you, just happened to read this post.

Couldn't a doctor like @kiddiedoc have an opinion that might be conflicted by another physician's opinion? Doctors are waist deep in ideological opinions of widespread health issues. Doctors are supposed to be neutral while treating people. Not to disparage @kiddiedoc, but he wears his political and ideological ideas on his sleeve, and he is quite hyperbolic about it

Abortion isn't in the Constitution.

So, because SCOTUS ruled in the early 70s the procedure was protected at the federal level, abortion is constitutional?
I never said that's my reasoning. It's not even close. Please don't put thoughts and words towards me. You don't know what I think

I never said that's my reasoning. It's not even close. Please don't put thoughts and words towards me. You don't know what I think
Ok. We're on the same page until the ruling.

I think it's self evident abortion isn't in the Constitution.

So, help me understand your reasoning?

VN Store

Back