The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Well,Joe Hendry and Kaz showed up to be part of the NXT battle royal. A dude won it that I've never heard of to face Trick Williams at their next PLE. Hendry was immediately eliminated and Kaz lasted a little bit. It's good that they didn't involve main event from TNA although I'm a big fan of Hendry.

I'm wondering if outside of Jordynne Grace and Tatum Paxley, any talent will take the L on Impact for WWE. Somebody who a loss wouldn't hurt too much. A Nakamura as far as men and Natayla with the women wouldn't be too bad.

It feels like AEW is really picking up steam as it builds towards Forbidden Door and then Wembley. Heck of a show tonight and it seemed like they were sewing seeds for future matches all over the place.
Dynamite is starting to get some luster back for sure. RAW has been pretty good lately. We don’t talk about Smackdown though lol not sure what that is

They're all psychos?

Yeah,pretty much this. They all had similar characters and weren't booked to do anything else. I know Cross was getting her college degree and Lumis hadn't been on TV in at least 2 years. They were all going nowhere on their own,and I think thus will be a big boost for all of them.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Yeah,pretty much this. They all had similar characters and weren't booked to do anything else. I know Cross was getting her college degree and Lumis hadn't been on TV in at least 2 years. They were all going nowhere on their own,and I think thus will be a big boost for all of them.
Other than Bo amd Rowan. It's basically a wish list of everyone who has had an "oogie boogie" character that people liked but got dropped for whatever reason.

I don't really see a main eventer in their without Bray though.

Other than Bo amd Rowan. It's basically a wish list of everyone who has had an "oogie boogie" character that people liked but got dropped for whatever reason.

I don't really see a main eventer in their without Bray though.

I don't either. It's like a Bray Wyatt tribute band except it's wrestling. I'm only interested due to the documentary on Bray and Bo/Taylor's ideas for it.

I don't either. It's like a Bray Wyatt tribute band except it's wrestling. I'm only interested due to the documentary on Bray and Bo/Taylor's ideas for it.
It world be really easy for them to end up like The Dark Order and that comparison will probably get made. But it depends on how they are booked. It seems like they are going to be less oogie boogie than Bray's last few things. Which is probably for the best.

I haven't been keeping up with a lot of the outside stuff in wrestling, but found this interesting. I wonder how it would work.

They're all psychos?

I get that but I don’t know about it, seems kinda lazy to “throw all spooky/ crazy peeps in a stable”. I take the Wyatt Sick6 as a cult like stable, most psychos wouldn’t want to be members in a cult, they’d want to run their own lol. I thought it’d be more interesting if Bo and Rowan started out as the stable and lured others into it over time. But hey it made for a cool ending, and if the story and booking of the group is good I’ll be happy with it. Just thinking outside the box a little bit.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I have to say, I feel there is quite a bit of story work happening in AEW now. Some even interwoven into other stories.

Still, wrestling is the show.

AEW is starting to do more storytelling thankfully, a bit more is still needed and can happen while renaming an in ring focused show. In ring storytelling can outshine out of the ring storytelling if it’s done correctly and AEW has done it in spades in their past. Seems like they’re getting back there slowly.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I get that but I don’t know about it, seems kinda lazy to “throw all spooky/ crazy peeps in a stable”. I take the Wyatt Sick6 as a cult like stable, most psychos wouldn’t want to be members in a cult, they’d want to run their own lol. I thought it’d be more interesting if Bo and Rowan started out as the stable and lured others into it over time. But hey it made for a cool ending, and if the story and booking of the group is good I’ll be happy with it. Just thinking outside the box a little bit.
I'll take a look for sure. But if they are just going to be (like @JCHateSteve basically said) Dark Order type jobbers to the stars, then I'm out.

Reactions: UTK and JCHateSteve
AEW is starting to do more storytelling thankfully, a bit more is still needed and can happen while renaming an in ring focused show. In ring storytelling can outshine out of the ring storytelling if it’s done correctly and AEW has done it in spades in their past. Seems like they’re getting back there slowly.
They're getting better at it. There has definitely been a shift in the last couple of months. I don't know if it is because of the new creative team members, or maybe in the TV rights negotiations with WBD, maybe they just point blank said: Tony, we need more drama. Who knows.

Reactions: UTK and JCHateSteve

I haven't been keeping up with a lot of the outside stuff in wrestling, but found this interesting. I wonder how it would work.

It's really not all that crazy when you think about it. All it takes is two people who say "Okay." And it seems like WWE may now have someone who might actually listen. Remember, all of wrestling is a work anyway. Nothing you see on your TV is real. What's one more work?

VN Store

Back