The WRASSLIN’ Thread

I'm probably in the bottom 25% of wrestling fans in terms of understanding admittedly, but I can't fathom why people think the Montreal screw job is the biggest screw job of all-time? Hart was leaving. It's not good for the business to leave with the belt. You have to protect the biz.

I disagree with Vince on so much, but that was the right move, and it's even more clear that it was with the benefit of hindsight.

I'm probably in the bottom 25% of wrestling fans in terms of understanding admittedly, but I can't fathom why people think the Montreal screw job is the biggest screw job of all-time? Hart was leaving. It's not good for the business to leave with the belt. You have to protect the biz.

I disagree with Vince on so much, but that was the right move, and it's even more clear that it was with the benefit of hindsight.
I agree, the boss tells you to drop the belt because you're leaving and you say no, that's on you. He was also doing Bret a favor by letting him out of his contract to go get more money from WCW.

Both sides could have handled better....

Also, for the sake of the superfans...the documentarians say they think the hardcore fans might be a little disappointed with this doc. They're worried that their expectation will be that they're going to learn about the history of the WWE, but it's all stuff they already know and can access with their Peacock subscription where there are plenty of docs with that info.

This is a doc trying to get at the heart of who VM is, meant to appeal to a wide audience. The wrestling history is the B storyline in this doc.

Also, for the sake of the superfans...the documentarians say they think the hardcore fans might be a little disappointed with this doc. They're worried that their expectation will be that they're going to learn about the history of the WWE, but it's all stuff they already know and can access with their Peacock subscription where there are plenty of docs with that info.

This is a doc trying to get at the heart of who VM is, meant to appeal to a wide audience. The wrestling history is the B storyline in this doc.
This is true, I watched it yesterday and pretty much already knew all of it. May have been a few things I didn't already know.

This is true, I watched it yesterday and pretty much already knew all of it. May have been a few things I didn't already know.

I had a pretty good high level view of things up until the attitude era, but learned a lot. Like for example, I knew Hogan going to WCW was huge. I knew Kevin Nash was NWO, but I didn't know about the Outsiders bit, and how they teased a 3rd member and how that was revealed. I knew Hogan was booed and all that, I've seen those clips, I just didn't know the setup and that stuff was so good.

I really didn't know that much about what came after the attitude era, so that was interesting, too.

I had a pretty good high level view of things up until the attitude era, but learned a lot. Like for example, I knew Hogan going to WCW was huge. I knew Kevin Nash was NWO, but I didn't know about the Outsiders bit, and how they teased a 3rd member and how that was revealed. I knew Hogan was booed and all that, I've seen those clips, I just didn't know the setup and that stuff was so good.

I really didn't know that much about what came after the attitude era, so that was interesting, too.
Oh man, The Outsiders/nWo/Wolfpack/Sting stuff is my favorite story in wrestling history.

Oh man, The Outsiders/nWo/Wolfpack/Sting stuff is my favorite story in wrestling history.

My history is that I watched WWF sparingly in the mid Hulk era, then IDK why, but the only wrestling I watched was the Sting vs. Big Man Vader era. No idea why I switched to WCW. Then I stopped following until my HS football position coach would have some of us over to watch the Stone Cold saga, and I didn't have time for anything else, and I regret missing the whole NWO thing.

My daughter loves wolves, and when I drop her off for Kindergartern, we touch wolf hands, LOL.

One of the interesting things I got out of the documentary outside of Vinces eccentric weirdo personality was that Austin saying that CTE didn't exist. He doesn't strike me as a guy that has that bold of a opinion on something that's a scientific fact.

While I agree about it being something most hardcore fans were aware of as the history goes,putting the spotlight on Vince was a welcome change. He seemed very awkward with some of the comments made towards him. Shane and his relationship seemed strained for a while from what i heard. Bruce Pritchard came off as a huge Vince apologist as usual.

Bill Simmons said they left a lot out. It would have been interesting to know what.

Also,I have to agree about Grand Slam being a solid show last night. The Young Bucks are really heeling it up and make you want them to finally drop the tag belts.

I'm glad Hook retired the FTW belt as I'm not feeling it with him defending it. Of course I'm not a big fan so it doesn't bother me either way.

Good grief.... Darby was a human pinball bouncing around selling everything from Moxley. Moxley/Danielson should be good at Wrestledream. A revenge match. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a hardcore match with Moxley involved.

I'm starting to already wonder who is taking the belt from Mariah May and she hadn't had it that long. It's looking like Jamie Hayter.

Also,I have to agree about Grand Slam being a solid show last night. The Young Bucks are really heeling it up and make you want them to finally drop the tag belts.

I'm glad Hook retired the FTW belt as I'm not feeling it with him defending it. Of course I'm not a big fan so it doesn't bother me either way.

Good grief.... Darby was a human pinball bouncing around selling everything from Moxley. Moxley/Danielson should be good at Wrestledream. A revenge match. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a hardcore match with Moxley involved.

I'm starting to already wonder who is taking the belt from Mariah May and she hadn't had it that long. It's looking like Jamie Hayter.
Maria's build was awesome. As was the swerve on Toni. But yeah, she is just not all that as a heel champ. They really need to pick one of the homegrown ladies and start a long term program that builds her to the top of the division. I vote Willow.

Last edited:

Remember.... Brett, Screwed Brett!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back