The WRASSLIN’ Thread

I think Hobbs and Cole are still on the shelf. I assume Ricky is gonna bounce to WWE. No idea on Trent.

I'm in favor of a brand split. Maybe after World's End?
Yeah. Starks has been one of my favorites in AEW. Sad he’s likely on the way out. Good luck to him.

I believe Trent is also injured.

Speaking of missing, they ran a handful of Scorpio Sky “Motivational Speaker” gimmick vignettes on Collision awhile back and they seemed to have dropped it.

I have a feeling Mox is gonna beat Danielson.

I could see a double turn from Wheeler. Would get him nuclear heat
I'm of the same mind. Bryan's health isn't going to support a long title reign. I think he'll be back as a part timer one day. My guess is if Mox doesn't take it off him, Christian will after the match.

Yeah. Starks has been one of my favorites in AEW. Sad he’s likely on the way out. Good luck to him.

I believe Trent is also injured.

Speaking of missing, they ran a handful of Scorpio Sky “Motivational Speaker” gimmick vignettes on Collision awhile back and they seemed to have dropped it.
Also, where are the Lucha Bros??? Heard a rumor they were going to WWE, then the rumor was squashed... who knows?

Also, where are the Lucha Bros??? Heard a rumor they were going to WWE, then the rumor was squashed... who knows?
This is all rumor mill stuff, so take it with a grain of salt.

From what I understand, Penta was set to go to WWE. Fenix was going to follow. But, Penta wasn't exactly quite about it. They are currently still under AEW contract. WWE isn't supposed to be talking to them while under contract(that's tampering). TK took exception to the tampering and added injury time to the end of Fenix's contract. Tony felt they were taking advantage of his good nature and that he had to make an example.

So as things stand Penta's contract is likely about to expire, but Fenix has like 9-10 months left on his because of the injury time extension. It's appears to be a "loose lips sink ships" sort of deal.

Last edited:
Quit watching as i was more invested in college football. Good that they took the belt off Ospreay turning Callis against him and Takeshita winning the belt. Ospreay makes a better babyface and doesn't need any belt at the moment. The matches were a bit predictable from what I watched outside of the triple threat. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you can keep things interesting.

Judging by the end of the main event, I should have continued to watch. All I'll say.

Last edited:
Up late watching Wrestledream.....
We'll see how far I get tonight.

Hanger vs Switchblade was a dang good match. Talk about telling a story "between the bells". Jay White needs to be in the World Title picture.
And I'm just gonna say it...
Hangman reminds me of Chris Benoit.

Ospreay vs Takeshita vs Ricochet was BANANA CRACKERS. Anyone still think Ricochet was better off in WWE?

Darby and Brody never seem to disappoint. I'm happy to see no one "blade" in this match. It didn't need it.

Last edited:
Sounds like WrestleDream was indeed awesome. Going to have to watch it sometime this week. The only criticism I have heard on social media is that there were a ton of matches, but they were short. Like 10-15 minute matches you would see on Dynamite or Collision.
When the matches are long people complain that the ppv runs over 3 hours. When they're shorter, they "don't feel like ppv matches". No pleasing people, and especially not social media.

Last edited:
Sounds like WrestleDream was indeed awesome. Going to have to watch it sometime this week. The only criticism I have heard on social media is that there were a ton of matches, but they were short. Like 10-15 minute matches you would see on Dynamite or Collision.

That's probably my outlook on what I did get to watch. A little short on the matches for an AEW show,but I'm sure this is the exception and not the rule going forward. A rarity with a twist for a main event which made it worth it.

VN Store

Back