The WTF story of the Day

^^^^ We had a discussion about that here and we think the cleaning ladies would find you. Probably. Since they're not in here on the weekend, if you slip past them on Friday night, you'd achieve the same "4 days" headline used here.

A 14 year old white male teen who had been questioned by the GBI about posting to social media threats to shoot up his middle school was then gifted an AR for Christmas. At the start of high school this year, he brought the AR to school and started shooting. He killed 2 students and 2 teachers, and he wounded 9 others. When confronted by the armed school resource officer, he surrendered. All across Georgia, local news organizations have been dedicating extended hours to reporting on this horrific incident, even interrupting other programming. The father has been charged with negligent homicide for providing his son with the weapon.

A 14 year old white male teen who had been questioned by the GBI about posting to social media threats to shoot up his middle school was then gifted an AR for Christmas. At the start of high school this year, he brought the AR to school and started shooting. He killed 2 students and 2 teachers, and he wounded 9 others. When confronted by the armed school resource officer, he surrendered. All across Georgia, local news organizations have been dedicating extended hours to reporting on this horrific incident, even interrupting other programming. The father has been charged with negligent homicide for providing his son with the weapon.
Winder is not far from my previous residence in GA before moving. They are hammering pops with some hefty charges beyond negligent homicide.

1. Who gifts a 14yo an AR for Xmas? Or at any time?
2. See #1.
3. You knew the GBI had just been to house and bought your 14 yo son an AR.
4. See #2.

My dad's policy was to buy us a rifle at age 12 if he thought we were responsible. You had a big incentive to be responsible. FWIW. I think that would have been pretty common among rural people. Now, you might say that an AR is somehow really different from other rifles, but not to me.

My dad's policy was to buy us a rifle at age 12 if he thought we were responsible. You had a big incentive to be responsible. FWIW. I think that would have been pretty common among rural people. Now, you might say that an AR is somehow really different from other rifles, but not to me.
I’ll bet that when you were twelve, none of your peers were threatening to shoot up their school. And, if the state bureau of investigation had come to your house to question you in front of your parents about your threatening to shoot up your school, your dad wouldn’t have given you a gun the following Christmas.

When I was young, the most popular rifle round was 30.06. For boys, it might be a .243.

Four decades ago, while living in Wyoming, my brother opted for a Win. 243. Its flat trajectory suited the distances he would be from antelope and mule deer, and he was confident enough to hunt elk with it when he had the chance.

I’ll bet that when you were twelve, none of your peers were threatening to shoot up their school. And, if the state bureau of investigation had come to your house to question you in front of your parents about your threatening to shoot up your school, your dad wouldn’t have given you a gun the following Christmas.
@GordonC who liked Drinkys post ? Avi is Beldar and name has Dools in it

When I was young, the most popular rifle round was 30.06. For boys, it might be a .243.

Four decades ago, while living in Wyoming, my brother opted for a Win. 243. Its flat trajectory suited the distances he would be from antelope and mule deer, and he was confident enough to hunt elk with it when he had the chance.
You were wealthy. You may not have known it.

You were wealthy. You may not have known it.
Where I grew up, most folks that had any kind of firearm had A shotgun, period. Single shot or side by side. Older guns utilizing varied shot for hunting birds to deer. Folks with a bit more had rifles. Their kids might get a gun at twelve.

VN Store

Back