These players BELIEVE

cbbowlingmd

Doctor of Orange
Look at this post by Jalen Hurd:
Jalen Hurd‏@MrHurd18: Crazy! We are now number 1 and staying number 1! Vol nation this is the beginning! #BrickByBrick #RiseTo7.

I refuse to believe that this is just lip service. Yeah, fine, I'm a "sunshine pumper", "homer", wear the orange colored shades, etc.....but I really think these players believe they can win. They are convinced that they can bring us back. No, it won't happen this year, or the next but it could happen 3,4,5 years down the road. A few good years of recruiting quality players and having them coached by quality coaches is all it takes to get us competitive again.

I'm just excited to see a post like this from a recruit that hasn't even hit the field at Neyland yet. That "#RiseTo7" tag just got my heart racing. I can't wait for the season to start, and I'm really glad to finally see some positive energy around the program. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 25 people
I haven't been this excited about an upcoming football season in a while. Gonna be a tough year, but you're right this could be the beginning of something great!

Look at this post by Jalen Hurd:
Jalen Hurd‏@MrHurd18: Crazy! We are now number 1 and staying number 1! Vol nation this is the beginning! #BrickByBrick #RiseTo7.

I refuse to believe that this is just lip service. Yeah, fine, I'm a "sunshine pumper", "homer", wear the orange colored shades, etc.....but I really think these players believe they can win. They are convinced that they can bring us back. No, it won't happen this year, or the next but it could happen 3,4,5 years down the road. A few good years of recruiting quality players and having them coached by quality coaches is all it takes to get us competitive again.

I'm just excited to see a post like this from a recruit that hasn't even hit the field at Neyland yet. That "#RiseTo7" tag just got my heart racing. I can't wait for the season to start, and I'm really glad to finally see some positive energy around the program. GO VOLS!

Yeah SUNSHINE PUMPER...you're part of a crew...and we outnumber THEM..they call themselves realists and profess to have a goal of keeping us from being disappointed but they feed off said disappointment. The thrill of saying I TOLD YOU SO must be akin to a magic drug but the effect doesn't linger so they have to keep going back for more and invent situations to satisfy their kick...this thing that Butch has created is sustaining itself and growing of it's own accord...Jalen Todd and Vic are the face of this movement but each commit buys in and spreads the word...we got something special going here...try enjoying it realists
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 15 people
Yeah SUNSHINE PUMPER...you're part of a crew...and we outnumber THEM..they call themselves realists and profess to have a goal of keeping us from being disappointed but they feed off said disappointment. The thrill of saying I TOLD YOU SO must be akin to a magic drug but the effect doesn't linger so they have to keep going back for more and invent situations to satisfy their kick...this thing that Butch has created is sustaining itself and growing of it's own accord...Jalen Todd and Vic are the face of this movement but each commit buys in and spreads the word...we got something special going here...try enjoying it realists

I think a lot of these "disappointists" were folks that wanted Tennessee to hire Gruden and not Butch

Reactions: 3 people
I think a lot of these "disappointists" were folks that wanted Tennessee to hire Gruden and not Butch

Disappointists...I like that...good point also

with all this going on i see no reason we can't win it all this year. No reason what so ever... but 7-6 or better is a must if we can't.

Personally I only want players on my team who believe we can win and are willing to put in the effort.

Well said. A "like" for your efforts sir.

with all this going on i see no reason we can't win it all this year. No reason what so ever... but 7-6 or better is a must if we can't.

You are going to be disappointed this year, bro. Your expectations are straight up wack - win it all this year? Are you drunk?

Reactions: 6 people

Wise words. A like from me also.

We won't be winning a National Championship this year, but 2014-2018 gives me a lot of hope! #brickbybrick Go VOLS!

Poetry, and i agree

Damn, anywhere from a NC to 7-6? I don't have the words to describe this post. :no:

Reactions: 2 people
We won't be winning a National Championship this year, but 2014-2018 gives me a lot of hope! #brickbybrick Go VOLS!

I'm thinking about 7 wins. 6 will do, 8 and I would be lost for words.

But I'll say this...IMO our talent level is about where Bama's was Saban's first year and they went 6-6. Decent front line talent, but holes when it comes to overall depth. Saban brought in the #1 class and the next year they go 12-2. That #1 class was deep, had 32 players. I see us winning 6-7 (to be fair), and hauling in a top 5 class in which we're allowed to sign a deep class of 31. See where I'm going with this?

Now I'm not saying CBJ is gonna win 4 national titles. But if he recruits like he is now, things can be turned around quicker than some think.

VN Store

Back