They were NOT going to let us win this game.

We need to face it... we had ONE player that wasnt intimidated by the stage. One. The rest dont have the skills, nor mindest, of a FF or NC team. Great players play great in big games. Knecht is a great player. The rest are good college players. Not a knock. Just the truth.
Agree.

They protected him, yes. But, in a way he has to be protected a bit. We had EV3RY chance to win it but our offensive supporting cast failed once again. Uncharacteristically it was Zeiglar this game. Aidoo was horrific.

5 minutes to go and tied. We were that close to a final 4. They won the last stanza and we didn't. Sucks, but what a season!
Agree 100%. We had three chances to take the lead late (maybe it would have changed the outcome / maybe not).

Reactions: utnut1
I want people to explain to me to draw a perfect gameplan to win an Elite Eight game down 22 free throw attempts

It was a huge difference because none of our post players brought any offense or tried so there wasn’t anything to foul. Our whole offense was wing and top of the box shots. Never had a big man to feed because Aidoo never showed up and the other two are defensive players. That’s how you get a huge disparity. Guards just don’t draw a ton of fouls.

It was a huge difference because none of our post players brought any offense or tried so there wasn’t anything to foul. Our whole offense was wing and top of the box shots. Never had a big man to feed because Aidoo never showed up and the other two are defensive players. That’s how you get a huge disparity. Guards just don’t draw a ton of fouls.
Edey seems to push A LOT on rebounds. And gets away with it.

Few will talk @ this. But, honestly there is your game. We had 6 or 7 utterly absurd paplays where 2 rebounders fumbled rebounds, steals went right in their hands. But, to be honest Purdue has rebounded well all year and they really played well fundamentally there.
A large number of those could have been fouls called on Edey.

Reactions: volwindy
Dude we have 1 player score double digits. No one else showed up. ZZ 3-12. JJJ started off incredible then promptly disappeared, as he always does. Aidoo got outplayed by a true freshman.
I'll say it again. This team needs some real dogs from the portal. Know we need scoring, but I do hope Barnes gets us a big, physical post player for next season with one of our openings.

Refs had nothing to do with Ziegler going 2-13 or whatever he was. 2-5 from the free throw line. Aidoo being terrified and playing embarrassingly bad.
No but they ignored some one taking two steps and swinging his elbows, they ignored someone running down the lane and running over a stationary player, they ignored several instance of someone camping out in the lane for 7+ seconds, etc.

VN Store

Back