They were NOT going to let us win this game.

I just hate blaming refs. In any sport. There's too many opportunities to overcome a call that doesn't go your way. And we couldn't do that. We just needed 1 guy to step up and score 15-18 points. Everyone crumbled.
We were up 11 against those same refs. We could have pushed it out, we didn't. I'm not a blame the refs guy. I personally think it's the mantra of the loser. I will say, it's hard to officiate Edey, but he seems to get the benefit of calls

Last edited:
We were up 11 against those same refs. We could have pushed it out, we didn't. I'm not a bland the refs guy. I personally think it's the mantra of the loser. I will say, it's hard to officiate Edey, but he seems to get the benefit of calls
This is such a bs response, I’m sorry. It’s not difficult to call a foul when it’s a foul, no matter the size. It’s actually easier to see high elbow awaka in the head. They were just protecting their player of the year.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
This is such a bs response, I’m sorry. It’s not difficult to call a foul when it’s a foul, no matter the size. It’s actually easier to see high elbow awaka in the head. They were just protecting their player of the year.
CONSPIRACY!! Where is Alex Jones when you don't ever need him?

Reactions: Frozevol
The game was lost due to imbalance in officiating, not responding to their counter punch when we got up 11, getting killed on the boards (looking at the rebounding stats I’m surprised we kept it close), and . . . We had three chances on 2 point / very make able shots . . . And missed three in a row to take the lead. We simply did not cash in when we had chances in the last 5 minutes.

Reactions: Frozevol
We were up 11 against those same refs. We could have pushed it out, we didn't. I'm not a bland the refs guy. I personally think it's the mantra of the loser. I will say, it's hard to officiate Edey, but he seems to get the benefit of calls
You like your refs a little on the spicy side?

I kn
Edy draws 17 fouls and gets 1. What a travesty of officiating. Half were phantom fouls. I am totally disgusted.
I know they missed 2 fouls in first half and the moving screen on ZZ in the second. Plus the “foul” on Tobe when they were both just going for the ball!!! Those last two were atrocious.

Reactions: vols1221
I can't help but feel that games are rigged - too much money involved. I just can't rationalize how someone can be as big and physical as Edey only for it to go one way. I'll put on my tin foil hat I guess.

Keep that logic to yourself. Not allowed. Refs cheated us. Hard. Paid off.
Working off memory (I may be a bit intoxicated) it was the second most fouls called on anyone in the tournament so far, and the third fewest fouls called on anyone. It was also the largest difference in one game by far!! I think the next closest difference was 12, also Purdue in their opening round game. It's crazy how far out of the curve this one game was!

Who besides Aidoo?
What do you mean who? Who else besides DK had ANY affect on the game? JJJ, Santi, ZZ, Mashack... at least Gainey attempted a few shots. Not really sure what you saw, but DK scored half our points. It was so obvious that the rest of the team couldn't get the ball out of their hands quick enough and give it to DK. It was like watching the early Bulls teams.

What do you mean who? Who else besides DK had ANY affect on the game? JJJ, Santi, ZZ, Mashack... at least Gainey attempted a few shots. Not really sure what you saw, but DK scored half our points. It was so obvious that the rest of the team couldn't get the ball out of their hands quick enough and give it to DK. It was like watching the early Bulls teams.
There's a difference between being intimidated by the stage and not having an affect on the game. I agree that Aidoo was intimidated. Nobody else besides DK had a big effect on the game, but I don't think it is because any of them were intimidated. ZZ sure as hell wasn't intimidated; his shots just weren't falling.

We were up 11 against those same refs. We could have pushed it out, we didn't. I'm not a blame the refs guy. I personally think it's the mantra of the loser. I will say, it's hard to officiate Edey, but he seems to get the benefit of calls
Yes, it's terribly difficult to see when a 7'4" individual, weighing 300lbs, is standing inside a painted box and correspondingly count to 3, then blow a whistle if he's still there. That is clearly asking too much and a crutch for losers.

Why don't we all carry some water for the pathetic excuse for a federal government we have and make excuses for both the elected officials and the feckless bureaucracy while we're at it?

Edy draws 17 fouls and gets 1. What a travesty of officiating. Half were phantom fouls. I am totally disgusted.
The entire team scored less than 30 points outside Knecht. 11 minutes with 0 points. 14 minutes with points only by Knecht. Yet we only lost by 6 even with the Edey favoritism. Isues were elsewhere in that game even with the solid huslte and hard play I witnessed.

I really wish I knew of a site where I could export tons of stats. I think a foul committed vs foul taken by player would be very interesting to see.

Refs had nothing to do with Ziegler going 2-13 or whatever he was. 2-5 from the free throw line. Aidoo being terrified and playing embarrassingly bad.
Both of these are true.

The entire team scored less than 30 points outside Knecht. 11 minutes with 0 points. 14 minutes with points only by Knecht. Yet we only lost by 6 even with the Edey favoritism. Isues were elsewhere in that game even with the solid huslte and hard play I witnessed.
Knecht took almost every shot for the last 14 minutes or so. Hard for anybody else to score with that offensive scheme. James hit his only two threes; Gainey hit a couple. Get them some shots.

He’s been fouled 400 times but only fouled 77 times. That’s gotta been the wildest discrepancy in basketball ever.

Also never once fouled out.

Reactions: 89 VOLS grad
Refs had nothing to do with Ziegler going 2-13 or whatever he was. 2-5 from the free throw line. Aidoo being terrified and playing embarrassingly bad.
True. But if the refs calm a fair game and Edey is called for fouls or 3 seconds in the paint it’s a much different game.

Reactions: 89 VOLS grad

VN Store

Back