"They're out to get us!" The science behind conspiracy addicts, and a possible cure

From the files of "Cool story, bro!". This is my favorite incident involving a conspiracy theorist:

One of the oldest and most determined conspiracy theorists is Tennessee's own Bart Sibrel, who spent the better part of 30 years harassing Apollo astronauts, in his attempts to get them to admit that their moon landings had been faked, with assistance from the Hollywood film industry.

One day in 2002, Sibrel confronted Buzz Aldrin outside of the Beverly Hills Hotel. Sibrel had his camera crew with him and was yelling at Aldrin to "Prove you landed on the moon!". Aldrin responded by telling Sibrel to shut the f*** up. Sibrel responded by saying, "Prove you walked on the moon. That will shut me up!". Aldrin tried to ignore him, but Sibrel got in front of him on the sidewalk and tried to block his path. Sibrel then yelled, "Can you shut me up?" in Aldrin's face. Buzz casually said "Sure" and then punched Sibrel's lights out.

A punch to the face is what today's Republican Party collectively deserves for giving that Q Anon garbage a mainstream presence. It is one of many things Republicans are responsible for, that have made this country a laughing stock around the world. It should go without saying that Bart Sibrel is a Republican Party donor.

Reactions: luthervol
From the files of "Cool story, bro!". This is my favorite incident involving a conspiracy theorist:

One of the oldest and most determined conspiracy theorists is Tennessee's own Bart Sibrel, who spent the better part of 30 years harassing Apollo astronauts, in his attempts to get them to admit that their moon landings had been faked, with assistance from the Hollywood film industry.

One day in 2002, Sibrel confronted Buzz Aldrin outside of the Beverly Hills Hotel. Sibrel had his camera crew with him and was yelling at Aldrin to "Prove you landed on the moon!". Aldrin responded by telling Sibrel to shut the f*** up. Sibrel responded by saying, "Prove you walked on the moon. That will shut me up!". Aldrin tried to ignore him, but Sibrel got in front of him on the sidewalk and tried to block his path. Sibrel then yelled, "Can you shut me up?" in Aldrin's face. Buzz casually said "Sure" and then punched Sibrel's lights out.

A punch to the face is what today's Republican Party collectively deserves for giving that Q Anon garbage a mainstream presence. It is one of many things Republicans are responsible for, that have made this country a laughing stock around the world. It should go without saying that Bart Sibrel is a Republican Party donor.

Yeah and the PutinGate conspiracy theory along with Biden has really built up our respectability.

Reactions: AM64 and davethevol
Yeah and the PutinGate conspiracy theory along with Biden has really built up our respectability.
The Russia hoax thing and what’s going on in Knox County right now should have the whole country up in arms. If the Democrats don’t get their way, then they pout and cause real trouble until they get it. The Knox County deal had been in the works behind the scenes for a while. They are very dirty, well-oiled machine.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
The Russia hoax thing and what’s going on in Knox County right now should have the whole country up in arms. If the Democrats don’t get their way, then they pout and cause real trouble until they get it. The Knox County deal had been in the works behind the scenes for a while. They are very dirty, well-oiled machine.

People like bowlbrothers are so blinded by partisanship they can't see what's happening. They just want their team to win, no matter the cost.

I'll bump this for LG and the new conspiracy theory that there was a danger Trump was going to use nukes on China or that China believed Trump would use nukes on them....because hey, nuclear war makes sense as a way to maintain power.

But did Buzz prove he walked on the moon?

I don't think your story has the ending you intended...

Reactions: Rickyvol77
But did Buzz prove he walked on the moon?

I don't think your story has the ending you intended...
Buzz shut him up... which was the whole point of the story, and a well-deserved ending for Bart Sibrel, who is a typically obnoxious, loudmouth, right-wing conspiracy theorist.

There was far more substance to Russian collusion than to the stolen election nonsense.
I'll bump this for LG and the new conspiracy theory that there was a danger Trump was going to use nukes on China or that China believed Trump would use nukes on them....because hey, nuclear war makes sense as a way to maintain power.
Should anyone be concerned about Jong-un and the new super sonic missiles being tested in North Korea?

Also, the 3rd man on the moon was Pete Conrad, who was killed in a motorcycle crash in 1999. Bart Sibrel showed up at Conrad's memorial service and harassed his sons, just because Conrad's obituary had referred to his Apollo 12 moon walk, and Sibrel wanted to "set the record straight". That guy is a piece of work.

VN Store

Back