Those calling for an upset in Orgeon

VolFan4Life87

Negatron
I really can't see how anyone rationalizes an upset against Oregon next year. Aside from Bama, they stand to be our toughest competition next year. They arguably should have been in the national championship against Bama last year, and who knows how that could've turned out. We're coming off of 3 losing seasons and lost the majority of our offensive production.

I definitely can't wait to see how we stack up against these guys now that we have Butch at the helm, and I expect our guys to compete; but I think we have a 10-15% chance of winning this one. Autzen stadium is said to be one of, if not the loudest stadiums out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
But honestly, they have a new coach and a new player caller, he might suck as a head coach!

Edit: Player caller??? Haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think most rational fans know Oregon's skill players are going to run like gazelles on an open prairie against our D.

Reactions: 5 people
I think most rational fans know Oregon's skill players are going to run like gazelles on an open prairie against our D.

Besides their QB, who are their skill players? Barner was drafted wasn't he? And what about there D? I guess I haven't paid much attention since we them a few years ago.

I'm not calling for an upset, but our defense practices against a similar offense (not speed wise of course). Butch plays an uptempo style and our players have really changed their body types. Guys are leaner and faster, and it goes to show that they weren't really conditioning themselves properly before.

So I will reply with this, I've seen much crazier upsets happen. We're going to get someone we aren't supposed to this year and this could POSSIBLY be the game. Again, not saying it's going to happen, but there is always a chance. Cheers.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not calling for an upset, but our defense practices against a similar offense (not speed wise of course). Butch plays an uptempo style and our players have really changed their body types. Guys are leaner and faster, and it goes to show that they weren't really conditioning themselves properly before.

So I will reply with this, I've seen much crazier upsets happen. We're going to get someone we aren't supposed to this year and this could POSSIBLY be the game. Again, not saying it's going to happen, but there is always a chance. Cheers.

I hope you're right but if our D plays at all like they did last year, Oregon will beat us by 50

"They don't respect ya! Make them remember you as long as they live, the way you hit and the way you knock them down field and the way you hustle. Attack! Attack! Attack! always Attack!

-Johnny Majors

Reactions: 9 people

Look, part of being a fan is to be realistic. We have little depth on defense! So, when at half time, when we are finally able to figure their offense out, our defensive players will be too tired to execute. When they are tired, you will see missed tackles, etc.

On the offensive side of the ball, we have a new and relatively inexperienced q.b. All new receiving corps, consisting of a new tight end, who may have caught 5 total catches his entire college career. Then we have three other receivers who were on the roster last season but saw very little playing time. Then we have one or two EE freshmen receivers who have been on campus since January. Finally, we have another receiver who won't be on campus until July.

Then we have no real star tailback. Yes, Lane and Neal are serviceable, but they can't pick up the slack of an inexperienced q.b. and an inexperienced receiving corps.

No depth at defense + no experience on offense + an away game = a loss!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back