Tickets for SCAR are plentiful and cheap

dobre_shunka

A Verified Danny White Plant
I know it's a mid-week game but if anyone is thinking of going, there lots of tickets available for Wednesday starting at $23. I saw some lower level seats for $80. Sort of surprising given they are also still in the hunt for the SEC regular season title.

1709520537783.png1709520814233.png

I know it's a mid-week game but if anyone is thinking of going, there lots of tickets available for Wednesday starting at $23. I saw some lower level seats for $80. Sort of surprising given they are also still in the hunt for the SEC regular season title.

View attachment 624649View attachment 624650

I would think that there will be a lot of orange in the stands.

I would be shocked if that game isn’t sold out by Wednesday night. They’ve had pretty good atmospheres on TV all year. Florida game sounded loud yesterday. I totally expect another hostile, slugfest that the Vols will have to deal with on Wednesday to win a title.

I’m really interested in the line for this game. Wasn’t it bama -2.5 Saturday? Wonder if SC will also be favored at home?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’m really interested in the line for this game. Wasn’t it bama -2.5 Saturday? Wonder if SC will also be favored at home?

I would think we will be favored, but not my much. I’d say -2.5 or -3.5 for TN would make sense.

Didn’t realize till yesterday that South Carolina is apparently #2 in the KenPom luck metric and are 10-3 in games decided by 5 points or fewer. Crazy stat.

Last edited:
I would think we will be favored, but not my much. I’d say -2.5 or -3.5 for TN would make sense.

Didn’t realize till yesterday that South Carolina is apparently #2 in the KenPok luck metric and are 10-3 in games decided by 5 points or fewer. Crazy stat.
Oh yea KenPok - the Asian basketball metrics.

Torvik projects Vols to be a 3 point favorite. Torvik had Bama as a 2.5 point favorite and that’s what the line opened up at so I’m assuming the opening line will fall somewhere around 2.5-3.5 in favor of TN.

Didn’t realize till yesterday that South Carolina is apparently #2 in the KenPom luck metric and are 10-3 in games decided by 5 points or fewer. Crazy stat.
What they are doing seems like Rick Barnes' early tenure @ UT...except Rick didn't have the portal. SC has an identity and some similarities to traditional RB teams (good D/good rebounding, gritty). May be a rock fight...we seem to do a better job crunching down high scoring teams.

If you can win at Rupp and in Tuscaloosa, you can win anywhere (although several teams have won at Rupp this year). I think Barnes will have them ready, and they will be dialed in.
I know he will and let’s hope the team remembers last outing. We missed as I remember at least 11 layups and was woefully dismal at the charity line. We came out flat and allowed the cocks to control tempo

BPI game has us at 8 with 78.3% W. Massey's has us at 8 79%. That does seem a bit high.

I am puzzled by the metrics take on the 🐓, just not much respect.

Reactions: StarRaider
BPI game has us at 8 with 78.3% W. Massey's has us at 8 79%. That does seem a bit high.

I am puzzled by the metrics take on the 🐓, just not much respect.

I think all of these metrics are accounting for the fact the SC Jr. has won a ton of close games, against both good and bad competition, and so the metrics expect them to struggle at some point. Only thing is they keep defying metrics, which happens every now and then. So, hard to get a read on that team.

I think all of these metrics are accounting for the fact the SC Jr. has won a ton of close games, against both good and bad competition, and so the metrics expect them to struggle at some point. Only thing is they keep defying metrics, which happens every now and then. So, hard to get a read on that team.
It is quite puzzling. Florida, honestly, should’ve beaten them. They led the majority of the second half, but like you said metrics be damned. I’m just hoping we show up hungry to win a title. We should want payback for how they b**** slapped us in TBA. I’d honestly roll with the Aidoo and Awaka lineup for a lot of the game to match up with Murray Boyle and Mack. Those are the 2 players that concern me the most, because I trust our guards to lock up defensively on their guards. It’ll be another dogfight that’s for sure.

South Carolina had to really work to beat a very mediocre Texas A&M team. Granted, it was on the road, but after seeing Tennessee beat Alabama on the road, I think the Vols can win this game.

The local alumni chapter is having get together before the game.

"For those interested in some PREGAME food and beverage before the men's game Wednesday night, several of us will be at the Hickory Tavern in the Vista, right up the street from the arena. We plan to grab some tables in the covered patio area. Come join us from 4:15-6:15 pm for an informal tailgate.
Hickory Tavern 907 Senate St, Columbia, SC 29201"

I really want to go as my last trip over there was for the football debacle in 2022. Need to still exorcize some demons from that experience!

Maybe if I get some work done and Florida beats Bama on Tuesday..

VN Store

Back