Tickets for SCAR are plentiful and cheap

Yeah, I don't think it will be our primary lineup, at least initially. I think they will try and keep them subbing for each other as long as they possibly can. I just don't think that we'll see the Mashack/JJJ combo in the post against USCe if Aidoo and Awaka are available.
I’d probably give Estrella some run before I’d go to JJJ at 5. Will be interesting what a real coach like Barnes will do.

I’d probably give Estrella some run before I’d go to JJJ at 5. Will be interesting what a real coach like Barnes will do.
Last time was probably Aidoo’s worst game of the year. Foul trouble limited his minutes but also just uncharacteristically ineffective. Even with that, Estrella only got 4 minutes. I bet he gets more run than that this time if Aidoo has early foul trouble again. I think he’s earned more trust as the year has gone on.

That said, I’m hoping Aidoo avoids foul trouble and Estrella gets his minutes in garbage time 😎

Heading on out, 3.5 hours from Raleigh. With a Win we can clinch a tie for the SEC Championship.
Go Vols
With a win, we clinch the Championship outright. We would be 14-3 in the league with one game remaining. That loss would give USCjr their 5th loss and all the other contenders have already lost 5 games. Big stakes indeed!

Reactions: WillisWG
I bet we don't see a small ball lineup with Mashack and JJJ masquerading as our post players in the rematch. At least I hope that was a lesson learned in the first matchup. I'd much prefer the exact opposite, with Aidoo and Awaka out there together. We've had some success with that lineup against physical teams, so I'm hoping we try it again.

Honestly I'd even be okay with giving Cade/JP more minutes too and not just because of foul trouble issues.

South Carolina tried to go size and bother us with length and Mack was getting all the calls so they fed him inside (he shot terrible from the field, but went 7 of 8 from FT line)

Gray (14), Mack (26), Davis (19), Murray-Boyles (20), Stute (20) all are 6'7" or bigger we attempted to counter with faster small ball... with only Aidoo (21) and Awaka (15) playing lots of minutes being 6'7" or taller I think we'll go to Aidoo/Awaka at some point as well.

I know it's a mid-week game but if anyone is thinking of going, there lots of tickets available for Wednesday starting at $23. I saw some lower level seats for $80. Sort of surprising given they are also still in the hunt for the SEC regular season title.

View attachment 624649View attachment 624650
Yeah, the students are on spring break; hopefully this will give Tenn an advantage.

Last time was probably Aidoo’s worst game of the year. Foul trouble limited his minutes but also just uncharacteristically ineffective. Even with that, Estrella only got 4 minutes. I bet he gets more run than that this time if Aidoo has early foul trouble again. I think he’s earned more trust as the year has gone on.

That said, I’m hoping Aidoo avoids foul trouble and Estrella gets his minutes in garbage time 😎
I’m gonna have to disagree with you on that. Estrella has a bright future, but he has shown nothing to date to think he’s going to be effective this season. JMO

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenacjim
I’m gonna have to disagree with you on that. Estrella has a bright future, but he has shown nothing to date to think he’s going to be affective this season. JMO

He still needs to add weight and develop his offensive game more.

However, his upside is very high.

Another year under Barnes will do him wonders.

Reactions: walkenvol
He still needs to add weight and develop his offensive game more.

However, his upside is very high.

Another year under Barnes will do him wonders.
I hope your right, but it seems Barnes develops guards quicker than post players.

I’m gonna have to disagree with you on that. Estrella has a bright future, but he has shown nothing to date to think he’s going to be effective this season. JMO
I don’t disagree with that. I think he’s potentially more effective than JJJ at the 5 against SC but that’s a low bar. I mostly only want to see him if we’ve got a big lead.

Unfortunately we weren’t able to build one tonight but at least we weren’t in foul trouble forcing him into action.

Sounds like the VOL fans at the game and stayed to celebrate with the team after the game got some SEC CHAMPIONSHIP SWAG! Its GREAT to BE a TENNESSEE VOL and celebrate a 16 yr anniversary at VN today. GBO

To those that want to the game, curious how the environment was. Did it get loud at times when SC Jr. made big plays?
Yes. Their arena was surprisingly loud. Fans right on top of the court. I know it’s been stated before but man I wish TBA would move the seats closer to the court. How did it sound on TV? It seemed like every time they had momentum we came up with a big stop or shot

Yes. Their arena was surprisingly loud. Fans right on top of the court. I know it’s been stated before but man I wish TBA would move the seats closer to the court. How did it sound on TV? It seemed like every time they had momentum we came up with a big stop or shot
I had the VolNetwork radio feed but it seemed pretty loud right down to about a minute left... then it quieted down... and yep every time the good guys answered it went from loud to silence

It sounded loud. Definitely felt like a tough environment.

Sounds like the VOL fans at the game and stayed to celebrate with the team after the game got some SEC CHAMPIONSHIP SWAG! Its GREAT to BE a TENNESSEE VOL and celebrate a 16 yr anniversary at VN today. GBO

I stayed for a little while, but security was trying to nudge away anyone who didn’t have an orange bracelet, which I figure was worn by families and the official travel party.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back