Time to go on record... Pre-Season Predictions

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Give us your final season record including a bowl game assuming you think we make it to one. Feel free to break it down game by game if you prefer.

Be sure include if you think we win the East, the SECC, go to a BCS bowl, or win it all.

This will be the thread that you can refer back to and say "I told you so". Or it may be the thread that we use to rub in your face and tell you how wrong you were.

This will be the official record so take your time and really think before you post.

Attachments

• 2007 VolNation Preseason Football Picks.pdf
    19.1 KB · Views: 123
Shouldn't you actually go on record first . . . since it's your thread and all? :p

Shouldn't you actually go on record first . . . since it's your thread and all? :p

I don't like to make predictions. That way I can talk out of both sides of my mouth later.

Seriously, I'll probably sit down and do mine this week.

I feel the Vols wil win against Cal in a game much closer than last season....28-24
I think SM with be tough in the 1st half then lose 34-20
I think the Vols steal one in the swamp, leading early but giving up huge yards late...Vols hold on 31-27
The only close contest the rest of the season is Bama....Vols 19 Bama 17

Vols go on to beat LSU in the SEC title game 44-33 then face USC and Josh Booty....Vols win 19-16 on a 53 yard fg...CPF retires.....that is all g'nite John Ward wherever you are!:whistling:

13-1...Vols lose a heartbreaker to USC 41-38 when Colquitt just barely misses a 53-yarder to send it to overtime. This is after going undefeated in the regular season including a 31-7 beat down of Auburn in the SEC championship game...payback's a b**** ain't it :)

10-2 regular season
loss to LSU in SECCG
Outback Bowl

I will say, almost all SECCG are toss-ups, so that could go either way.

How many of these threads are we going to have? If we can get up to 13 or 14 I think I can cover all the bases and then claim omnipotence in January. For the official record such as it is I say 7-6 with regular season losses to Cal, UF, UGA, SC and KY coupled with an embarassing loss in the Music City or Liberty Bowl.

How many of these threads are we going to have? If we can get up to 13 or 14 I think I can cover all the bases and then claim omnipotence in January. For the official record such as it is I say 7-6 with regular season losses to Cal, UF, UGA, SC and KY coupled with an embarassing loss in the Music City or Liberty Bowl.
I'll take the over on a win/loss over/under since that's your official prediction.... I say 9-3.... officially.

All due repsect Hillbilly...that's incredibly pessimistic. All of those teams you have mentioned are pretty evenly matched with us. There's not a team on that list...or our entire scheduele for that matter that I or anyone I know would say is head-and-shoulders better than us. So you basically think we will lose any game were the talent and experience levels are pretty much even?

So you basically think we will lose any game were the talent and experience levels are pretty much even?
Bama will have a more talented defense than UTK but I expect the Vols to win that one. Vandy will be more experienced but I expect UTK to win that one as well. I don't think the talent level is even with Cal, particularly on offense, and I also think UF is more talented, albeit less experienced in some areas. I consider the opposing coaches to give UGA and SC the edge. KY is more of a gut feeling, but they played lights out last year at Neyland and they return a lot.

Bama will have a more talented defense than UTK but I expect the Vols to win that one. Vandy will be more experienced but I expect UTK to win that one as well. I don't think the talent level is even with Cal, particularly on offense, and I also think UF is more talented, albeit less experienced in some areas. I consider the opposing coaches to give UGA and SC the edge. KY is more of a gut feeling, but they played lights out last year at Neyland and they return a lot.

Yeah...I didn't peg you as a hopeless pessimist...these are all good points. Here's how I see them though:

Cal: I agree that on paper they have more talent offensively...although it apeared that way last year too...as well as on defense. I think the results will be very similiar to last year

UF: I agree they have more talent and what would appear to be a better coaching staff...and they're in the Swamp. I may need to reconsider this one

UGA: I think we will torch their defense again...Richt's superiority to Fulmer didn't matter last year and it won't matter this year

USC: I think their offense is pitiful enough to offset their great defense...this one will be a defensive struggle

UK: I think we always underestimate UK because...well...we haven't lost to them since I was 2 and I'm not that young...this year they are a legit threat. I think we go into that game with the proper level of motivation and then its not even close..well maybe a little close for a while because Woodson and that receiver (?) and tight end (Tamme?) will put up some points

Tenn 9-3 Regular Season with losses to Fla., Bama, and SC.

Bama 9-3 Regular season with losses to Georgia, LSU and Auburn, again.:crazy::banghead2:

we will play 13 games. take it to the books.

This is going to take some thought, ill wait till my next night shift to sit a think :good!:

Third in the East and a loss in the Who Cares Bowl.......

Ok I will be the optimist and say 9-4 instead of 8-5.

VN Store

Back