Time to go on record... Pre-Season Predictions

3rd in East, 9-4 record, losses to Cal, Florida, Arkansas and Kentucky. Trip to Nashville for the Music City Bowl.

13-1 Loss to LSU in SECCG.
Sugar Bowl win vs. W.Virginia

Note: Me being EXTREMELY hopeful.

11-1. Most likely loss is still Bama IMO.

SECCG. Probably lose to LSU... but I half way expect Miles to choke away the best talent in CFB again. I think UT beats anyone else if they get to that point.

Cal looms larger than I thought it would. If UT wins then I don't think they'll lose more than two games. If they lose... it means they have a whole bunch of unresolved problems that will be exploited by UF, UGA, USC, UK...

Yeah...I didn't peg you as a hopeless pessimist...these are all good points. Here's how I see them though:

USC: I think their offense is pitiful enough to offset their great defense...this one will be a defensive struggle

Am I missing something, what is all the bandwagon crap about south carolinas defense? Everywhere I read i see people talking about their defense. I know they return 10 starters, but arent they the same ten starters that allowed an average of 19.8 points per game in the last half of their schedule? And middle tennessee and houston are part of that average. I am not saying that they have not gotten better, but I really dont think their defense will be anywhere near what LSU's was last year. JMO.

Yeah...I didn't peg you as a hopeless pessimist...these are all good points. Here's how I see them though:

USC: I think their offense is pitiful enough to offset their great defense...this one will be a defensive struggle

Am I missing something, what is all the bandwagon crap about south carolinas defense? Everywhere I read i see people talking about their defense. I know they return 10 starters, but arent they the same ten starters that allowed an average of 19.8 points per game in the last half of their schedule? And middle tennessee and houston are part of that average. I am not saying that they have not gotten better, but I really dont think their defense will be anywhere near what LSU's was last year. JMO.

I say that because they've given us fits for two straight years and they have 10 guys back....I hope I'm wrong and you're right

Is that why Cutcliffe wants his offense to score 30?

last year 24 points would have won, or at least forced overtime ten games.

I like that he shoots for 30 points per game, but I beleive that a team with a good defense would not need to score that much.

1. UT eeks by Cal in a closer game than most thought - 24-21

2. Vols roll over the Swamp Lizards and embarrass UGA in Knoxville- beating the Dawgs by 3 TD's.

3. Another defensive struggle takes place on the Third Sat. in October. Vols win by a TD.

4. First lost in dealt by Darth Visor and a scrappy SC team.

5. Vols roll until KY- we lose by a FG.

6. Fulmer gets the monkey off his back by taking down LSU in an SEC Championship and getting a BCS Bowl bid.

11-2

7. Foster and Coker finish as the best RB duo in the SEC- Foster will have more yards.

8. Ainge will be the top rated QB in the SEC and a Heisman Finalist.

2. Vols roll over the Swamp Lizards and embarrass UGA in Knoxville- beating the Dawgs by 3 TD's.

3. Another defensive struggle takes place on the Third Sat. in October. Vols win by a TD.

6. Fulmer gets the monkey off his back by taking down LSU in an SEC Championship and getting a BCS Bowl bid.

11-2

7. Foster and Coker finish as the best RB duo in the SEC- Foster will have more yards.

If Ainge has a good year this year I really beleive he will be a finalist just because he lost his receivers.

11-2

You really think we will get to the championship with 2 SEC losses?

11-2

Also...12-2 or 11-3 with the BCS game?

VN Store

Back